The Tournament

• Dedicated to Jo Pozzi

The entire school sits in the great hall, anxiously waiting to see who will be participating in the TriWizard tournament. Hally hoped and prayed to Merlin that none of her friends will be called, because she once read that the tournament is extremely dangerous. Fleur Delacour was called, as was VIctor Krum, and Cedric Diggory. She sighed in relief, as the 3 champions that were called are not people that she normally socializes with. She has had a few classes with fellow Hogwartian, Cedric, but they never really had a conversation; due to the fact that he was a Hufflepuff, and she herself was a Ravenclaw.

Suddenly, the flames in the Goblet turned blue, and a fourth piece of paper literally throws itself into Headmaster Dumbledore's long fingers. Curiously, he turns the slightly burnt slip of parchment in his fingers, and turns to the tables at which the rest of the students sat.

"Harry Potter." He stated simply.

Hally's heart stopped. Not Harry, please; not Harry. Harry had always had Hally's fancy, she'd admired him from the moment she heard his story. The boy who lived, was also the boy that held her heart.

A loud commotion was made, and there was obvious drama because Harry wasn't old enough to be in the tournament. He was only a fourth year, just like Hally.

***********************************************************************

Hally paced impatiently outside of the Gryffindor common room, waiting for Harry, so she could talk to him, so she could express her concerns. Her blonde hair was pulled into a loose pony-tail, and her green eyes scoured the staircases, hoping to catch a glimpse of Harry before he arrived.

"Have you come to yell at me too?" A familiar voice asks, and Hally turns on her heel, facing Harry completely.

Hally shakes her head, confused. "Why on earth would I yell at you, Harry? I know bloody well that you wouldn't have been able to put your name in the Goblet. You're not a total git."

He sighs, obviously relieved. "Come to the kitchens with me? We can talk. You seem to be the only one that knows I wouldn't put my own name in that stupid goblet."

"Hermione probably voiced the dangers, I presume?" She asks, falling into step with him.

He only nods as they finally reach the appropriate portrait. Harry tickeled the pear, and the portrait door sprung open. Offering his hand, Harry helps Hally through the portrait hole, and they are met on the other side by dozens of house elves scurrying about the kitchen.

"I'll take pumpkin juice." Hally mutters, as Harry lists many different foods.

They take a seat away from the elves, and Hally stares deeply into Harry's eyes. They haven't conversed much, but when they have talked, it was for hours on end. It was definitely safe to say that Harry and Hally were close friends. They knew each other inside and out, they knew each others flaws, fears, and what made the other person tick.

"Harry, I'm worried about you going into this." Hally mumbles, taking a sip of her pumpkin juice. "I don't know what I'd do if you.. You know..."

"Died?" Harry stated abruptly, looking into Hally's eyes as well.

She nods sheepishly, looking down at the drink in her hands. "If you died, I think I'd die, too. You have never know this, but I fancy you Harry, I have for a long time. I guess the only reason I'm telling you this, is because there is a major possibility that you could actually die. You might not come out of this."

Harry's heart speeds up, and he feels his face getting warm. He's waited so long to hear those words. "I know a way that I can stay safe Hally." He whispers, using one finger to tilt her face up so she'll look at him.

"What, Harry? I'd do anything to keep you safe."

Leaning in, Harry places his lips softly on Hally's. Shock consumes Hally for a moment, but she begins to kiss him back, feeling the fireworks being set off between them.

"Come to the challenges." He whispers, pulling away. "Be my good luck charm."

Hally can only nod, and he places his lips on hers again, feeling like he's finally found his other half. The one that he can call his own.

*******************************************************************************************

That was REALLY hard to write! Lmfao. I hope you like it, MooMoo! Sorry it's so short! Mwahh!