Poor Decisions And Secret Tunnels

Still shaken from being confrontated by Riggins last night, Dirk and Sicillian thought it best to sneak back into the Ridgely and return to the brit's apartment. The duo didn't want to concern Amanda, Todd or Farah with their state of fear. Needless to say they didn't sleep. The lights stayed on all night, and they mostly sat in silence, comforted merely by the fact they weren't facing this alone.

Sicillian had faced Blackwing alone before. All the crimes Estervez and Zimmerfield linked her to had started because of the CIA agency tracking her. And every time she had acted in self defence, been left alone and blamed for the outcome. She'd get arrested and then be bailed out. Like they were toying with her. Promising the green eyed American she could never hope to live normally unless she complied with their wishes. It's why, after Sofie's death, six years after the breach, she moved around a lot. Different states, different countries. Every few months, she'd move. Sometimes she'd just rent a car and drive aimlessly, doubling back at random points, sometimes not taking a break for days.

It was a bleak, lonely life.

But she did what she thought she had to, to protect people. She'd let herself get close to one person, and they ended up with a bullet, or multiple bullets, in their head. Riggins said she needed protection from the world, but no. The world needed protection from her. Everywhere she went, Blackwing would be there. And where Blackwing went, death and destruction usually followed.

"Hey, you still with us?" Dirk snapped his fingers a few times, letting Sicillian clear her head and get back to reality.

"Yeah, I'm here." The detective smiled slightly. His tone had been a lot more careful around her since last night. Naturally he'd been terrified at the sight of Riggins, but the rage instilled in his assistant hurt him more than anything. He wanted to help her.

"As I was saying, 1978, height of the oil crisis. Edgar Spring, Patrick's father, buried his own power grid, three mile radius, called it Springsborough." The curly haired bodyguard explained, hands holding the map.

"It's under our feet. We're walking on it right now. They say he had an unlimited energy device!" Dirk gushed, somehow happy and excited, despite what him and Sicillian had been through last night.

"Who?" Todd asked, a little out of the loop.

"Edgar Spring." The green eyed assistant repeated Farah's words for the ex bellhop's benefit. Somehow still managing to grasp more than him in her state of thinking.

"He powered this part of the city for thirty years! Power went dark around the time he bought the Webb Mansion back from the government." The dark skinned woman added.

"What happened to Edgar?" Sicillian asked, intrigued.

"He disappeared. Some say he died, some people say he's still out there somewhere."

"Why didn't you ask Patrick?" Todd raised an eyebrow.

"We never talked about it. After his wife, Catherine, was murdered, he totally removed himself from anything to do with Springsborough. Even I didn't know about this place." Farah shrugged, clearly a little uncomfortable with the whole situation, the death of her friend still prominent in her mind.

"This machine, the unlimited energy device, that's what those guys are after? The bad guys?" The dark haired man seemed to have trouble following what was happening.

"The bad guys?" The Hollistic Assistant asked with a hint of amusement in her voice.

"Yes. But no one ever found it. Until now." Dirk jumped in.

"Did you find it?"

"No, but-" Farah interrupted him.

"The schematic we found, it's a power grid, a layout of Springsborough, with only the Ridgely and one other access point." She explained, gesturing to the map.