Winning Gunfights With Knives

The trio decided to await the midnight meeting at Todd's apartment. Or, more accurately, the ex bellhop went home and Dirk and Sicillian followed him. The green eyed American promptly leapt onto the couch, craving a nap to dispel the throbbing in her head.

"Is she seriously sleeping right now?" The darker haired man asked.

"She gets headaches a lot." Dirk answered slowly, careful not to reveal anything the Hollistic Assistant would probably hit him for.

"Probably from all the u-turns her personality does." Todd mumbled.

"I can hear you, dipshit." Sicillian sighed. "For people who know I'm trying to sleep, you're being really loud."

"Sorry." Dirk apologised.

"Seriously though, what is it with your outbursts?" The American woman shifted uncomfortably as she sat up, eyes finding the yellow jacketed man, pleading for advice. He simply shrugged, offering no help into the situation at all.

"It's... It's like Dirk's intuitions," She began, "I'm a Hollistic Assistant, but not just to Dirk. I can be an assistant to everyone. I know what people need to hear. So I say it." Sicillian tried to keep her explanation as normal as possible and away from the idea of a CIA project also hunting her down to contain her.

Todd didn't respond to that, most likely attempting to process what she had said. The British man gave a confirming nod, smiling somewhat encouragingly.

"Well, it's getting close to midnight... I say we head off now, get there in good time." Dirk broke the slightly uncomfortable silence and stood up, spinning the keys to his, well not technically his, corvette around his finger. The ex bellhop and Hollistic Assistant wearily stood up too, following the eccentric detective down outside.

As ever, Dirk's driving provided no relaxation for Sicillian or Todd, the pair sitting rigidily as the corvette sped through the deserted city. That was one plus of the late hour; there weren't as many cars, ergo obstacles, for the yellow clad man to crash into.

The trio pulled up to the bridge, inching slowly across before stopping. None of them made an attempt to get out the car, the reality of the situation crushing them all. The American woman grabbed the Corgi from the seat next to her in the back, awkwardly handing it across to Todd. The darker haired man took it without question, past the point of wondering either of the two's actions anymore.

"This is bad. This is a bad idea, this isn't going to work." The ex bellhop's voice was shaky.

"Nonsense, this is our chance to get some answers." Came Dirk's perky reply.

"Sorry, but I'm with Todd on this one." Sicillian grimaced.

"The man shot at us! What if he just pulls a gun?"

"That's why I brought this!" The Americans leaned forward in interest as the Hollistic Detective pulled out a Swedish penknife.

"What's that going to do then?" The green eyed woman asked.

"Well you know what they say about bringing a knife to a gunfight." The brit said as though it were obvious. It wasn't.

"That it's bad?" Todd replied in concern. Dirk's face dropped in an instant.

"Oh bloody hell is that what that means?!" They were fucked, Sicillian thought to herself. A car horn brought them back to reality. He was here.

"That's him. The man." Dirk breathed.

"No shit, Sherlock." The Hollistic Assistant deadpanned.