21

It was safe to say that

I'm an idiot.

"I hope you like your women toxic." I speak out to him, but it was meant to be a thought to myself.

Before voicing anymore thoughts that crossed my mind, we've finally arrived back to the hotel we booked at.

I made my way around the back of the trunk, retrieving Alex's phone that he tossed away. Putting it safely in my pocket, I open the door on Alex's side to find him pulling his dark blue beanie all the way down so that way I can't see his eyes.

"I CAN'T SEE." I physically flinched from his earsplitting tone that gave no warnings, feeling his hands grab my arms as if he's trying to picture where I'm located.

I let out a exasperated sigh from the claims of him thinking he's now blind, tugging the beanie up to where you make out the letters sewed on them.

LAFD.

Eyes begin to open to make contact with mine, seeing his cheeks lift slightly up from the now beaming smile that was taking over.

"There you are."

"Here I am." I softly spoke back without really being aware of it.

Now the real challenge begins. Getting him up five floors and into his hotel room without causing any disturbances.

⚠︎︎⚠︎︎⚠︎︎

"What do you mean you don't know where you left your hotel key?"

I get no clear response. A mumble here and a bunch of gibberish words added together here.

Getting him up here was a huge hassle. So much trouble that I felt like I deserve to be paid for being able to get to our destination after all.

His eyes would travel to the table that had leftover food sprawled all around, mainly from the free dinner they serve every night. It distracted him enough to let go of my supporting arm and try to get a empty plate to fill it with junk.

Took a good five minutes to tell him to put everything back and convince him that leftovers aren't always delicious, especially when it comes to hotel food.

The worst part though? The hotel we are staying at doesn't have any elevators installed. Yet, they say.

Here we are standing in a empty hall, having to speak in hushed tones because it's currently 2 AM and the last thing I wanna do is interrupt everyone's slumber.

There's not a chance I'm gonna search his jean pockets to see if the key is hiding in there. There's no use in asking if I'm gonna be forced to take tiny hiccups and a jumble of words as a answer.

My guess here is that he's not a responsible individual and brushed away the most important thing you needed to take along whenever going out in public. the key in order to get back to where you'll be sleeping for the night.

Sleeping, as in he's gonna have to use the extra bed my hotel room came with.

Oh do not get me wrong, I'm not complaining about having to share the extra bed with someone I so dearly hate with my whole heart.