A High School Dance? At Valhalla??

a/n: This takes place before Alex and Magnus kiss, so before the Ship of the Dead, they basically just don't know they have huge crushes on each other (but they do). Ty for reading and enjoy! Make sure to check out my Blitzstone storys too!!

Magnus pov:

"This Friday, starting at 8:00, there will be a makeshift High School Dance to the death for all of our undead High School Einherji" Valhalla's manager Helgi says over the loudspeaker. A dance huh. I had never gone to a dance before. Partially because I thought they were stupid but you know mostly cause I'm dead. As far as I'm aware they have never done anything like this at Valhalla. Must've been Hunding's idea. He was cool like that. That reminds me I had some (stolen) chocolate from my now deceased uncle's place to give to the big guy. Honestly, I was kinda embarrassed that I was excited for the dance until I went out into the hall and talked with my floormates. I assumed I would be getting teased for being intrigued by the idea of a dance and that they would think it was stupid. But boy was I wrong.

I walked out into the hallway only to be pushed to the floor by no other than the one and only (thank god) Alex Fierro. "Hey Maggie," she said while laughing at me on the floor and putting her hand out to help me up. I accepted her hand and she helped me get up. " I was just on my way to see if you wanna go to the dance with m- I mean us this Friday," she said with a hint of... was that embarrassment??... in her voice. " Oh yeah, I thought it would be kinda cool you know cause I think all of us maybe minus Mallory has never been to a school dance," I tell her honestly just glad they wanna go too. "Yeah I don't think she's been to one, she doesn't seem like the type. We all talked about it at breakfast though, which by the way you missed, and we're all going as a group I think minus Mallory and Halfborn. "Typical" I muttered "I know" Alex snorted "they always leave us for some mushy stuff or something." She said that with a disgusted and maybe jealous (???) tone. "Hmm sounds like Alex is getting lonelyyyy" I tease her. "You wish Maggie," she says leaving my room but not looking away from my eyes until the door shut.

DID WE JUST FLIRT???????????

okay, so I'm pretty sure Alex just flirted with me... and I liked it. What the fuck was happening to me. I thought back on the conversation and realized I started the flirting. I was so confused I don't even like her, or at least I don't think I do. I decided to forget about it and headed to lunch. I sat next to Sam and Tj, with Alex in front of me. Maybe we weren't flirting maybe I'm just tricking myself I think desperate to not like Alex. If I liked her and got rejected, I would have to live with it forever...LITERALLY. Then I looked up and she winked at me. It was obviously a dare from Mallory as they both started laughing immediately then I realized why. I had spat my mead out on Tjs rifle while he was polishing it. "Dude," he said obviously upset "Oh man Tj, I'm so sorry lemme just clean that up," I apologize and leave to go to get napkins but by the time I get back the spills gone and the rifle is exactly how it was before I went all water fountain on it. "I- I um what happened," I say while very awkwardly holding the napkins I just went and got. "Oh Hearth and Blitz stopped by to give us a message for you, and Hearth used a reverse rune thingy to help clean up," he mentioned nonchalantly. "Oh okay," I said and plopped the huge pile of napkins I had just grabbed on the table and walked away. Alex snorted and I rolled my eyes at her. "Where ya going Beantown?" Mallory asked. "I wish you would stop calling me that" groaned "But im going to go get my dignity back before Alex snorts at me one more time," I announced getting a smirk out of Fierro and Mallory. God, I wish Alex would just stop looking so amused by my embarrassment. I left and heard Mallory and Alex whispering to each other but I couldn't quite make out what they were saying.

(time skip to Friday)

Alex pov (male):

Shit. shit shit shit. I was c- cr- crushing on Magnus (I gagged just thinking about that). Wtf I have always been a little extra hard on him but I thought it was just cause he was easy to pick on. Damn it, it was cause I like him. Yuck. Now, what was I gonna do about it? Nothing. Until Mallory showed up. (this is on Wednesday btw) I was walking backward out of his room and backed up into her. "damn it mallor-" I exclaim and then squeal a little bit when she cuts me off and drags me to her room. "Oh my Odin," she says shocked but her eyes are twinkling so I know she's enjoying this. " You like Magnus" she practically squeals. "what I- no I- I- don't like him he smells like dirt and spring and shit," I blurt out, looking like an obvious liar. "Oh shut up that was definitely flirting, and I'm not typically one to get all giddy about this kinda stuff but oh my gods yall would be so adorable. At least he showers, unlike my oaf." She wasn't wrong, Halfborn wasn't the most... sophisticated man, but neither was I. Damn, I wasn't even a man sometimes. SHIT, I hadn't even thought about that part. What if Magnus didn't even like guys... or girls, hell if I know. "Well, yeah," I say uncertainly. "Soooo..." Mallory says impatiently then says "stop being such a pussy.." I gasp... I'm NEVER a pussy, NEVER. "and ask that son of a bitch to the dance."

Magnus Pov: (still Friday btw)

Gosh, I have had this sick, bubbly feeling in my stomach since Alex had come into my room the other day. It was a feeling I had never had before, but one I had read about. The feeling of truly liking someone. Oh and (obviously) being SUPER nervous about it. Gods I wished I could stop being such a baby and just go and say something to him but we had obviously been "avoiding" each other, only sharing these secret glances at each other and occasionally making awkward eye contact as Mallory, Tj, and Halfborn tried extremely hard not to bust out laughing. They had figured out what was going on and wouldn't stop looking at us. Then to my surprise, Alex got up, cockily smirked at Mallory, whose jaw seemed to be touching the ground, and walked in my direction.

GO TO CHAPTER 2 FOR THE END OF THE STORY

*mwah* ly and ty for reading.. pls continue to the next chapter :)