Stay out of Hell

December 10, 2000

Dearest Citudaolle,

            I call myself Alina now.  Alina Sempre.  Do you know what the name means?  The first is an average English name.  Not many people have it, but I found it in a dictionary.  It's not like I made it up.  It means alone.  I can't imagine any parent who would like to name their child 'alone', but I felt rather taken to the meaning.  It embodies my present life, in any case.  I took 'sempre' from Portuguese.  Para sempre is the full phrase.  It means forever.  My name, in this world, is Alone Forever.  I found it quite fitting.

            You must be wondering why I'm writing to you.  After all these centuries, why I chose now to write to you.  But now... there's something different about now.  I must warn you, though, I do not plan to go back.  You should know that by now.  Do not expect me to come running back to your world anytime soon. 

            Yes. Your world.  That world, that is no longer mine.  It was my home for many years, but it was not a home.  You might say that the humans have influenced my mind, turned me against my homeland.  But is that really such a bad thing?  It is not anything like mind washing, as the government does back where you live.  It is voicing an opinion.  People have a will of their own, here.  It is quite astounding.  The leader makes no move to limit the people.  In truth, he cannot.  The governing system is not very efficient, not nearly as decisive as yours, but the people have their own individual rights here.  They make their own blunders; deal with things their own way.

I mush prefer this system than the one I used to go by.

Your love,

Khlamuherguetora

........................................................................................................................................

Hi!  So... this is a little idea that I've been toying with.  I've reverted back to mmy old obsession with stories in letter format, but I'm not sure if thats a bad thing.  Citudaolle (before I messed around with it) meant 'stronghold' in some forgein language.  Khlamuheruetora (again, before I twisted it around and added a part) meant 'female warrior'.

Tell me if you like it! And if its too confusing, or cliche, or stupid, or something.

Thanks!