Chapter Eight - Elevators

I finished my coffee and I was walking back to the hotel when Amethyst walked up beside me. She rested her cool hand on my shoulder and told me how sorry she was. I nodded and followed her back to where she was staying. The large hotel had to be at least six or seven stories and anyone who was stupid enough to jump off it would die instantly. When I looked up to see the top of the hotel I felt woozy from my fear of heights. I followed Amethyst up to the very top floor and down the hall to her room at the very end. As soon as she opened the door I realized what she was doing. I tried kicking her like an idiot, but I was too scared to think of anything else to do.

She used all her strength to push me down the elevator shaft. The floor was falling from beneath my feet, and the walls fell to reveal a dark passage. My feet flew about trying to find the floor, and my hands struggled to reach the walls. My hair flew in my face and into my mouth. I tried screaming but not a sound was coming out. For what seemed like hours I fell after a while I had fallen into a conscious state of sleep. The next thing I knew my face had hit the floor with a sickening and deftly crunch. This time it was no dream. I lay there in a puddle of my own blood, and realized that this time I might actually die. The room was fading, and I thought about my life.

I've shed a lot of blood in my life more than I'd like actually. From the time I jumped out of a tree and busted my chin to all the times I cut myself. This time was the worst and no one was going to be there to help me. I realized that the whole time I had been staying with Alex I had had so many near death experiences and so many hard times. All the mistakes were finally catching up with me. These were the last of my thoughts before everything went black.

The scene around me was moving fast, and everything was blurry as I thought about what was going on. I couldn't keep my eyes open for too long, and my body was limp. I knew I wasn't in the shaft anymore, but then where was I? I opened my eyes and the lights were bright. Everything was sterile and it smelt of death. I sat up a little and looked around. The first thing I saw was Alex on the couch snoring. His shirt was wet from tears and his face looked gaunt. I was only out a couple of hours why would he look skinnier? I turned my head towards the door and saw a doctor talking to my... mom! I moved my hand up to wipe the hair from my eyes and saw the long IV. I felt sick. There was a brace on my other arm and my leg was all scratched. I couldn't sleep there were too many nightmares and what if they all came true? The tears began to well up in my eyes. They were coming true the dreams were. What was going to happen next I would kill my self?

"Oh my god!" I screamed covering my mouth quickly. I realized what was going to happen next