Chapter Five - Blood and Tears

"Robyn open the door." He said his fist hitting the door in a rhythm. My head swam with the thoughts of my mom. I slipped in and out of blackness for a few seconds until finally I woke up after about three times and found myself in Alex's bed. A towel wrapped around the cut on my arm a rag on my head.

Alex was snoring next to me. I looked over at the clock on the bedside table. The numbers flashed 2:00 A.M. in bright red letters. I groaned and rolled back over. I thought about the two days that I wasn't in school and wondered what people were thinking. I laid against Alex's shoulder and fell back asleep.

"Hey get up!" Someone said shaking my shoulder. I opened my eyes and saw Alice standing over me. "You okay?" She asked looking at my arm and then back up to my face. "Your room's ready if you want to see it. Alex picked out the colors." I nodded and pulled the covers off my legs and pulled the stiff boards off the bed and stood up. I looked at the clock again it was 8:00 at night. I realized I'd been sleeping for two days at least.

I followed Alice into the room next to Alex's. The room was bright and was a pretty sky blue color. With a lot of the same furniture as in Amethyst's room, the curtains and the bedspread were white. The white bedside tables each held a purple lamp and one had a old timey phone and an alarm clock on it. The white desk held a brand new laptop, some pens, a couple of pads of paper, and a lamp. I loved it and knew they had worked hard. I took all the strength I had and muttered an apology. Alice just nodded and left me to myself. I sat down at the computer chair and checked my emails. Most of them were something like this:

Hey Robyn it's Sapphire. Look I'm really really sorry, but they had a right to know they were so worried about you. Please forgive me. It wasn't cool of you to yell at your mom like that. You barely know this Alex kid. I mean don't get me wrong he seems nice and everything, but seriously if you won't go home at least come to my house. Love you forever call if you need anything I not far away- Sapphire.

I ignored all the messages from her and continued to read the ones from all my other friends. The messages asked things like: What happened in the principal's office? And where are you? I couldn't answer them I was way to sad. My head was throbbing as I unwrapped the towel from my arm. The long line went from just above my wrist about halfway up my arm. It intersected with the other scars along my arm. I didn't know what to do. Alex probably didn't want anything to do with me now.

I loved my room and he picked the perfect colors. The laptop I sat at was yellow and the shaggy throw rugs scattered around the room were lilac. I got up and walked to the bathroom. It was painted white with yellow daisies painted across the walls. The towels laid across the vanity were yellow and blue. I ran my hand along the shower curtain as I walked to the closet. It was just as big if not bigger than Amethysts'. A cushy mint green ottoman sat in the middle. I turned the light on and sat down looking around at all the clothes hanging up and the shoes lined up on the shelves. My reflection in the full-length mirror along the wall was something I really didn't want to see.

My hair was sticking out at all sides my face pale. The jeans and t-shirt I was wearing were wrinkled and I had purple bags under my eyes. I opened a drawer along the wall and pulled out some fresh pajamas. I looked through the other drawers and found jewelry of all sorts and hair things. I folded the pajamas neatly and laid them on the sink. The bathtub was deep and I loved it. When I stepped in the bath it was warm and refreshing. I laid my head back against the wall and closed my eyes.

I was sitting at the computer responding to some of the emails telling them not to worry I would be back in school soon, that I was just sick. They were all very relieved and grateful for that. As I was responding to my friend Megan I heard a knock on my door.