1

5 years ago.

Natalie's POV

I looked back at the computer and newspaper. I grinned as I saw the headline.

'Upcoming singer in need for musicians. Auditions held near you.'

"You won't ever become famous." I hear my dad say and I sigh.

"I don't want to be famous! I just want to play dad. And she's having auditions! I could tour with her! That's huge!"

"You're fifteen! You can't be out and about. You're too young. You stay here and you go to school like everyone else."

I walked over to the couch to grab my backpack and head to the door.

"You walk out that door and you will never be welcomed back here. You hear me!"

"I never wanted to be here either way." I say then walk out the door.

I grab my skateboard, throw my backpack on that has a couple of clothing items, and of course my old worn out soccer ball, I then lastly make sure my guitar is safe in its leather case and head towards the building where they'll be holding auditions.

It takes me about an hour or so to get to the big building. Once I arrive there I enter the big building as I try to find where I have to go.

"Are you here for auditions?" A lady asks me and I nod. "Go straight and head to the right. First door."

"Thanks." I say with a smile.

"Good luck." She says with a smile and I run to where I'm told.

"Your name and instrument." One of the three men say.

"My name is Natalie, I play the guitar, drums, keyboard, and bass. Well a lot of other instruments.  But I'm here to audition for the guitar."

"Whenever you're ready." A man says and I nod.

"This is one of my original songs, it's not complete but it's mostly done."

"That's okay, go whenever you're ready." A lady says and I smile. "What's the song name?"

"Still working on it." I say and she chuckles.

"If I may ask before you start. What's it about?"

"It's about when two people are in love, they always find their way back together. Something is always bringing them back, they don't know what that something is and why somehow it keeps bringing them back together."

"So I'm guessing since it's not complete we don't know the full story. It's very well thought out so far. I already love it."

"Thank you." I say with a smile.

"Well go ahead whenever you're ready."

- - - -

"How'd it go?" The same lady from earlier asks me as I sit out in an alley.

"Good. I hope." I say and she smiles.

"Shouldn't you go home?"

"I should right. This is my home now." I say patting my blanket.

The lady looks at me with confusion and I shrug.

"My dad said if I came to the audition, I can't go back. I had to leave, this is a big opportunity. Doesn't matter if I make it or not. I tried." I say and she nods.