4 - Monster

Enjoy and don't forget to vote/comment!
Dedicated to: LaurenWillis5 (for actively voting and commenting like a boss)
- - -

Riker's POV

The forest was eerily silent though it was only mid-afternoon. The beast watched from the shadows and his eyes followed the young girl's movement. The blue-eyed girl burst through an underbrush and into a clearing. Her eyes moved frantically across her surroundings and she spun in a circle to try and find her way out.

The girl was clearly lost as she had been in this clearing multiple times today. The beast smiled to himself, a cruel smile that lifted the sides of his mouth unevenly. He breathed hard as he looked down at his hands. He turned his hands over and watched in excitement as hair began to sprout from his pores. Though he couldn't see his eyes, he knew they had become a burnt orange.

The girl turned towards him, but he was sure she couldn't see him. The girl ran a hand through her auburn hair and her top teeth bit down on her bottom lip.

"Who's there?" The girl called before she looked around her again.

A nice, civilized, not violent, human, the beast thought sarcastically.

"Who's there?" The girl repeated, "come out or I'll..I'll.."

The beast sighed, a deep chilling sound that echoed through the forest. The girl turned towards him as the beast emerged from the shadows. His transformed face was covered by a cloth hood and his claws were tucked into the pockets of his pants. His black sweatpants covered his muscular legs and his gray boots covered his elongated feet. The girl cautiously walked backwards away from the beast, her eyes trained on him.

"Are you lost?" The beast cooed.

The girl nodded and strands of her hair fell into her face.

"I can..help you?" The beast posed.

"R-really?" The girl spoke up, her voice high and squeaky.

The beast's ears pricked up at the sound and he grimaced, "'Course."

The beast strides forward but in the process his hood fell back. His furry face and elongated snout frightened the girl. His teeth flashed as he moved his jaw around and the girl moved as far backwards as she could. Yet it was his orange eyes that sent a shiver down her spine.

"W-what are you?" The girl said, her voice no more than a whisper.

"Your worst nightmare."

With those final words, the beast leapt towards her and bit into her neck. A rapid flow of blood coursed out of the veins he had punctured and stained the front of his sweatshirt. She screamed and struggled to no avail. The only thing that kept the girl standing was the beast, for he had pinned her against the tree, and as he pulled away, she slumped to the ground.

His chest rose and fell speedily, his yellow canines smeared with crimson. His eyes peered around the area, to make sure no one had seen what he had done. The beast stared down at the girl and knew that she was dead. A victorious snarl erupted from his chest as he smirked to himself.

"Sixteen hundred down," he panted, his British accent ten times more charming than he was, "one hundred to go."

- - -

"Riker. Thirty-two days until the attack. The Black Ivy agreed to help us," Riker's second in command, Jenson, told him.

The blond-haired man nodded in recognition of the information he was given, "Has the 'emergency' message been sent out?"

Jenson nodded, "It was sent out yesterday."

"Has Maximus heard of the news?"

"Yes."

"How far is he to Toronto? Was the tracker in place?"

"Yes, sir. Ten miles, he'll arrive by sunset."

"Is 'Sharp-Claw' in position?"

"She is on their territory. I figure she'll be captured soon."

"Good job, Jenson."

"Thank you, sir."

- - -

"'Claw', are you in position?" Riker said into the cellphone.

"I have a name you idiot. These codenames are freaking ridiculous." 'Claw' said back.

"Now, now. Calm down, won't want me to lose my temper, right?"

"..."

"As I thought. You understand what you have to do, right?"

"Infiltrate the pack, build-up relationships, than kill the Alpha."

"Good."

"Why do I have to do this? I'm not even a lycan, I barely stand a chance against this pack."

"You're attractive enough. Just use your charm, like you've charmed all those other men into your bed."

Silence.

"Aw, did I hurt your poor feelings?" Riker taunted.

"I'm going to hang up now, 'Mother Goose.'" 'Claw' said.

"It's 'Mother Duck!'"

"Whatever."

Dial tone.

- - -

Riker made his way down the narrow corridor as he whistled a tune. His spirits were high and he was confident that that stupid Alpha would soon be dead. Maximus Roman would never live to see his pack crumble and that was a great shame. Yet, once the Sonic Howl pack was destroyed, out of the ashes a new pack would rise. A pack of golden opportunities and justice.

That pack would be ruled by the one and only, Riker Wilson. The greatest lycan to walk the earth. Riker strolled into his sleeping chambers and turned the lock in the door before he placed a chair in front of it.

Jenson, he mind linked his Beta, call a maid to clean up my room at ten a.m tomorrow. Make sure she knocks.

Yes, sir.

Riker closed his blinds and darkness engulfed him. He closed his eyes and knew that if he was looking out of the window then he would have seen a full moon. He felt the power pulse through his veins. Riker's pack would've attacked tonight, but he knew Maximus was also at his prime and could easily wipe out his entire pack by himself.

Riker clenched his jaw, the thought of Maximus winning made him sick to his stomach. The anger started to quicken his transformation. He felt his instincts begin to take off. He inhaled deeply before he exhaled. Then, he let go of any of his concerns and let the monster inside take over.

- - - -

The first half (and most likely only) of this chapter has been rewritten as of 6/25/15.

I decided to change it up a bit and reveal a little of Riker's plan. The next chapter will be in Riker's POV and then back to Maximus. Also, there will be a confrontation soon. :)

Image is of Tom Felton who plays Riker.