1 - Dinner is Served

Enjoy and don't forget to vote/ comment!
Dedicated to: livelifelovebooks (for voting and commenting)
- - -

Lightning crackled outside as the Alpha slammed his hands down upon the table with a thunderous roar. The brewing storm matched the growing tension inside of the restaurant. The Alpha was dressed quite casually, but still classy. He had on a black sports jacket that covered a barely visible white shirt. He had on dark jeans and simple white sneakers. The Alpha cracked his neck as he stood up at his table and some of the restaurateurs watched their argument unfold. The pale black-haired waiter in front of him merely smirked at Maximus, disrespect clear in his eyes. The waiter matched the Alpha in height and almost doubled him in the amount of swagger he gave off.

Maximus growled under his breath, an angry glare aimed towards the waiter. Out of the corner of his eye he saw his blonde friend, Grayson put his hands upon the table with a sly smile. Grayson's eyes were lit with a wild light and he turned his head to whisper something into his sister's ear. His other companion, Jaq, relaxed in her chair, her facial expression identical to Grayson's.The waiter raised an eyebrow at Maximus, as if he had issued a silent challenge to the Alpha.

"Now, you understand what you've done, correct?" Maximus said crisply.

The waiter stifled a laugh, "I'm afraid not, I did nothing wrong."

"Oh? Oh, the boy thinks he's done nothing wrong," Maximus laughed harshly, "get a load of this idiot."

"I'm not a boy, I'm a man. Besides, tell me what I did."

"You're kidding, right? You're not a man. Anyways, you've disrespected me so many times it isn't funny. I will rip your head off and carry it like a trophy if you don't bring me my dinner."

"We're out of beef."

"You just gave the woman over there beef tartar!"

"So, she's much more important than you are. She's the twentieth in line for the Crown of Monaco."

"Do you have any idea about who I am?"

The waiter laughed cockily, "Should I? You're just a washed up man with too much confidence on his hands."

Maximus sighed and shook his head, "My, my, my, I expected much better from a restaurant with this kind of rating. What's with the insolence these days?"

"Who are you then?"

Maximus held up his arm vertically and tugged down his left sleeve. A simple black tattoo was etched into the skin of his forearm, but the message it represented sent shivers down the boy's spine. The waiter's face visibly paled even further and a lone bead of sweat fell from his brow. Maximus pulled the sleeve back over his arm and covered the easily recognizable tattoo. The waiter shrunk back and bit his lip as he waited for Maximus to lash out.

"What's your name?" Maximus said.

"Quincey," the waiter said nervously.

Maximus tsked, "Quinton, Quinton, I didn't think someone could act as idiotic as you did, but you obviously proved me wrong."

"I-I'm sorry, sir," Quincey mumbled and didn't bother to correct him.

Maximus fell silent as he did a quick scan of the room. All eyes were on Quinton and himself, much to his annoyance. With a sigh, Maximus snarled briefly and everyone else flinched back and averted their eyes. Quinton anxiously rocked back and forth on his heels while he waited for Maximus to do something. He moved over to Grayson and leaned down to talk into his ear.

"Gray," Maximus whispered, "I'm going to deal with this overconfident punk. Cover the tab, will you? I'll meet you and the others back in Toronto."