Chapter 28

After our talk, Greyson and I decided to shower together. Nothing happened between us, this shower was more intimate than sex. It was like we were offering each other pieces of our souls. I washed his body and he washed mine. A perfect mixture of give and take. When we finished, Greyson wrapped me in a towel and kissed my neck gently, right in that sweet spot.

"Why does that feel sooo damn good?" I asked, fighting back a moan. He chuckled against my skin.

"It's the spot where I mark you when we seal the mate bond." he answered.

"What does that mean?" I asked, as I led him to my bedroom, walking to my closet to pull out a pair of pajamas.

"Here wear this" he pulled out one of his shirts from his overnight bag and tossed it to me. Without questioning it I pulled it over my head, his shirt falling just a little above my knees.

"To seal the bond, we would need to mate. During this, I would mark you, by biting your neck here" he said as he touched the sensitive part of my neck "this would leave a mark forever, claiming you as mine. It's sort of like a warning to other werewolves that you are a mated female"

"Will it hurt? And do I mark you" I dared to ask.

"At first, but then it becomes very pleasurable, or that is what I have heard from others as I haven't done it myself. That is one of the reasons werewolves mark one another during sex. And yes, technically if we were both wolves then you'd mark me the same, since you are a witch, it's a little bit different, but we can figure it out when the time comes" he answered casually.

"Then what?" curiosity getting the best of me.

"Then the bond is sealed. We would be able to communicate through a mindlink. As Luna, the mindlink communication will open between our pack.The bond also opens up a deeper connection between mates, emotions and feelings become a whole lot more intense. The first couple of weeks mates rarely leave their house, feeling the need to be intimate all hours of the day" he winked at me. I blushed at his forwardness.

"What happens if a bond is never sealed?" I asked.

Greyson stiffened at that question. "Rejection of the mate bond is the ultimate insult to the Moon Goddess who created the two mates. In retaliation, the rejection is extremely painful for the two mates, mostly towards the one who rejected the bond." he said in a serious voice. I wasn't considering rejecting the mate bond, the mere thought of that sent a sharp pain to my heart, but I was just curious.

I climbed into my bed where he was laying  and cuddled against him. It was nice having Axel lay beside me most nights, but with Greyson, it didn't feel innocent and the thought thrilled me.

"We just sleep." I said softly against his chest.

"Axel and I" I elborated. When he didn't say anything, I continued.

"I know it is complicating, I know it's a lot. Honestly, I don't know how I would feel in your shoes. But what I do know, is he is a part of me and if I don't keep him near, I won't be whole. Does that make sense?" I looked up at his face.

"No, but it doesn't need to. If you love him, we will find a way to make it work. I may not like that he was the one you ran to, but I will always respect and be grateful to him for being there. He has done a great job at protecting my mate. For that I will forever be indebted to him. " he kissed my nose.

"Harper said my bond with Axel is similar to my bond with you, except I have a choice in what I want it to be." I paused carefully choosing what I wanted to say next. 

" I want you to know, I may not be ready to seal our bond right now, but I chose you Greyson. Without hesitation I chose you." His breath hitched as he stared at me.