Episode 43.

◤─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────◥

◣─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────◢

◣─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────◢

─────•~❉᯽❉~•─────

Zoya's pov.

Busy, hectic and tiring were how i liked to describe the days I was surviving. Exams came to an end but the endless work baba had loaded on me now was insane. Summer break wasn't so nice after all.

"Seriously" I sighed at the amount of paper work my assistant kept bringing to my office. The world was on silent and all I could think of was how university only used to be the reasons of my exhaustion. But in the end Baba has been doing this for years and now it's better if he works less and rests more.

A knock resounded in the door as I mindlessly chewed on the cap of my pen

"Not now Kareem. I already have enough here" I said hearing the man's voice. After a long silence I heard the door being closed and footsteps approaching the desk.

"Kareem I—" I stopped mid sentence as I met the eyes of the man standing before me. Hands stuffed in his pockets, face sporting a hint of a smile and blue eyes gazing down on my frame.

"Mr Khan?" I questioned standing up to my full height and straightening my chiffon black button down shirt.

"Ms Zoya" he said forwarding his hand. With a minor tug of my lips i took it and gave it a firm shake.

"I wasn't expecting a visit." I said sitting back down in my chair keeping in mind not to pay much attention to him.

"It actually wasn't planned but then I thought I'd drop these files off myself." he said sitting before me, while placing the files on the table.  He leaned back in his chair making me place the files in my drawer. I hummed and nodded in response while keeping my self busy in my work.

"Would you like to have something?" I asked smiling politely.

"Sure. One black coffee please" he said passing me a smile. I nodded before ordering one for him.