Chapter Nineteen: Leak

19

When I woke up, I found myself alone in his bed. I sit up and rub my eyes. I look around and see a light pink satin robe hanging off the back of the chair. I climb out of bed and grab the robe. I put it on and tie it closed, I wonder if he went into work? He knew I'm off but, this man never takes a vacation it seems.

I walk out of the bedroom and I hear voices coming from down the hall. I walk down and I see a door open, I stand in the doorway and see it's to his home gym. I see him hitting a punching bag talking to a man dressed in athletic wear, I would assume he's a trainer. I smile to myself and watch him hit the large black punching bag only wearing his joggers.

The man looks at me and says "Oh hello there."

Chris stops and turns to look at me, he smiles at me. "Good morning."

"Morning."

Chris looks at the man "Mark can we take a five minute break?"

"Sure thing. I'm gonna go grab some water." He walks towards me and says "Miss." I smile at him then when he walks out I walk towards Chris.

"Thank you for the pretty robe."

"I knew you'd look beautiful in it. Light pink looks good on you." He pecks my lips

"I should always just wear robes around you."

"Sure, if you'd be comfortable with me doing this constantly." He lightly pulls the shoulder of my robe down.

"Alright, alright, there's someone here."

"You think that'll stop me?"

"I mean, I would hope?"

He smiles and kisses my lips again, he walks away and grabs a water bottle. "Oh, before I forget. Ivy called, she wanted to talk about your birthday this Saturday."

"Why?"

He looks at me "She wanted to know what you wanted to do? She's coming over to see you."

I shrug "I don't usually do anything for my birthday. Max and I usually go to a bar and drink. Even when I was with Mason we didn't do much."

"Well, she's gonna wanna throw you a party. Plus, I'd like to do something nice with you."

I groan "No, no party. I just wanna spend the day with you in bed."

"I could go for that but, Ivy won't. How about I talk her down to just a dinner? We can do it here, you can invite Max. Then after everyone leaves, you and I can do your idea."

"Okay."

"Okay, good. Now that's settled. Why don't you go back to bed and I'll join you shortly?"

"One more thing, what was that appointment you had last night?"

"Doctors appointment."

"A doctors appointment made you that upset?"

"No, I had a bad work day. Wasn't in the mood to talk about it."

"Okay, if you need to talk? I'm here for you."

"I know you are. Alright, go on. I'll be there shortly."

"Okay but, don't keep me waiting to long, Mr.Cerulli. I may have to help myself."

"You wouldn't dare."

I shrug "Hm, we'll see."

His trainer comes back and says "Alright Cerulli, let's get back on track. You pay me to keep you in shape, not to talk to pretty girls."