𝑂𝑃𝑇𝐼𝑂𝑁 𝐵 - 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝑇𝐼𝑀𝐸 𝐻𝐴𝑆 𝐶𝑂𝑀𝐸

TW// MAJOR CHARACTER DEATH + SUBSTANCE ABUSE

Vinewood, Los Santos, August of 2014

When Amanda got the phone call, she didn't even shed a tear. She didn't shed a tear when she had to break it to her children that their father had been killed by the guy he was mentoring. She didn't even cry when her kids fled home.

It was a normal morning in August, and it started as any other. Amanda woke up at the crack of dawn for yoga (she's self taught now, she definitely learned her lesson after Fabien), Michael rolled out of bed a few minutes before noon, Jimmy didn't even leave his room and Tracey had snuck out of the window to go to a party the night before.

Which Amanda didn't understand. Her daughter was 23 now, if she wanted to go to a party all she had to do was ask.

Michael told Amanda he had to leave to speak to Franklin about a new job opportunity, even though he was 'retired'. Amanda just hummed and accepted a kiss on the cheek before he left, shouting goodbye to Jimmy as he did so. The father son relationship had definitely improved, but not so much that Jimmy would bother replying to him.

Amanda had been alone in the kitchen for an hour when her phone began to ring. She raised her eyebrow when she saw Michael's phone number pop up, as the last time he called her during a job was when he wanted her to participate, but she answered nonetheless.

"Hello? Michael?"

"Amanda? Amanda, shit! Franklins tryna clip me!"

"What?" Amanda said as she abruptly stood up, pulling on some shoes, "where are you?"

"I'll send you my location, but I don't want you anywhere near this. If anything happens to me, I love you. And the kids. Remember our promise?"

"Yeah," Amanda said, "but shit Michael I won't let you die on me yet. Stay on the phone to me while I drive to you."

Michael just mumbled a reply and it went quiet as Amanda got in the car, connecting her phone to the bluetooth. As soon as she pulled out of the driveway, she put in the GPS for Michael's location and drove as fast as she could, but even at the legal speed limit it would still take her over half an hour. So, deciding to take a risk, she glanced over her shoulder to check for cops, then slammed her foot on the gas as she listened to Franklin and Michael's conversation.

"Franklin! You were like a son to me." Michael shouted.

"We both used eachother, that's what happened." Franklin replied.

Amanda heard a gun shot, before both Michael and Franklin whispered 'oh, shit' at the same time, meaning someone had missed. Despite the fact she could get arrested for so many crimes right now, she turned her bluetooth up louder as she kept driving.

"Michael, man, I gotta look out for myself."

"There's the difference between us. I was looking out for you!"