Too Late

She slowly raised her head to look around the dark, hushed forest. Her eyes glowing red under the reflection of the moonlight, somehow the silence around her seemed to make her feel more settled. Evelyn began to sit up as she moved away from the forest floor, the rush of a cool breeze ran over her, brushing her coppery coloured hair around her face. She knew that whoever that figure had been knew who she was, the only problem was she didn't know who he was.

Suddenly the sound of rustling trees sounded from the left of her, she quickly moved to stand. Her heart racing inside her chest as to who it was or what it was, her eyes scanned the surrounding trees as she looked for the cause of the noise. Silence. She stood completely still, waiting for the cause of the noise to step forward to show itself. But there was nothing at all. After what had seemed like five minutes, she let out a sigh as she realised that she was completely alone or so she thought.

Evelyn then turned slightly to look to the entrance of the clearing. As she did she was met by a cold hard stare from two grey eyes, they were stern and didn't drop their gaze from hers. She stumbled back slightly from the eyes. A tall, cloaked figure stood before her, the cold, grey eyes locked on her.

"You are dangerous." The figure growled at her.

"Wha-" She began to speak but the figures rough voice cut in.

"You are the reason my kind aren't allowed here anymore." He continued to growl.

"Who are you?" She quickly asked.

"You know me. You always have." The figure said back.

"Wait." She then said shocked, but she had realised. The voice was familiar, similar to the figure in the house. It had to be him, there was nobody else it could be.

"You shouldn't listen into conversations." He said with a low voice.

"What?" Evelyn was confused. How could he possibly know she was there?

"I know you were there Evelyn."

"How do you even know me?" She continued to ask.

"Because you're special. My kind know all about you and your friends, we have to." He said back.

"You're Kind?" Evelyn asked.

"Yes. But you must know this. If he finds out then I doubt there will be any chance for you, you must leave now before its too late." He said quickly.

"I don't understand what I'm suppose to do?" She asked worriedly.

"Your answer is here. Things have been set in motion which you cannot change, as soon as you can you must return here with the others. Its the only way." He answered back. His tone changing as he spoke.

"Bu-" She began to speak but he cut her off again.

"There is no time. I fear he may have already discovered what you are. You have to leave soon. I will be waiting." The figure then said.

All of a sudden a black, thick smoke filled the air around him. Evelyn shielded her eyes as the smoke grew. As she moved her arm to see again, she saw the figure had completely disappeared but the print of the cold, grey eyes remained in her head.

Without thinking she began to move back out of the clearing and headed back towards her house. She knew the figure was talking about her father when he said he feared he may already know, but could she really trust the figure. She couldn't even see him because of the cloak he wore, but somehow a feeling from inside her made her believe she had to.

As she finally reached the door to the house, it slowly creaked open. Evelyn carefully peered her head round the frame as she looked into the house. Nothing. Slience filled the inside of the house, which made it feel eerie. A cold shiver ran through her back as she stepped further through the door and into thr main hall. Something was definietly not right.