Chapter 4 - That Sounds... Cool

Azara's pov

Everything goes black.

But it's not... dark.

It's more of a long blink, you may say.

I don't panic because it feels right. I don't try and run because there's nothing to run from. I don't feel threatened; I feel threatening.

I don't picture the bathroom; instead, I picture my house. Homely feelings had kept me slightly sane on this flying airport in the middle of fuck if I know with a bunch of people who don't actually know me but pretend to so they can 'help me'.

I phase - you might say - out of the wall in the kitchen. Well, it's more like the shadow of the fridge but it's practically the same thing.

Again, I feel no panic. I'm not scared by the fact that I've teleported for the second time now. I just slump down on the couch and finish off that bag of pitta chips I was eating before I left.

Tony's pov

"Fury, she's gone," I say as I enter the bridge, "I checked her room because the cameras show she went in, but every surveillance camera since and every key card use since show she's..."

I look up from my tablet to see everyone staring at me from the table.

"Tony, it's been a while," Captain Steve Rogers greets me will a friendly smile. I nod to him and look around the table.

"Bruce Banner, Mr Stark. Pleasure to meet you," A hand is extended to me from my right and I grasp I firmly with another nod.

"You're the big green guy right?" I ask the scientist, who nods his head dejectedly.

"Right well... it's uh, good to see you but I should probably keep searching for-"

"We caught him," Fury states.

"Who? Loki?" I crack a humourless grin.

"Yes."

"Oh..." I trail off and my smile fades, "that's good."

"As for Alarie, we'll find her. I would say she can't have gone far but I can't rule that out just yet. You were right Stark: she is... different."

As I turn to leave a certain god enters. With a scowl, I walk past him without a greeting.

"Stark," Thor grabs my arm as I walk away, "I am sorry, about your wall and our... disagreement. I agree that we should focus on the larger image but I was, and still am, worried about my brother," with a truly apologetic smile, he sits down at the table with the others.

Once again, I nod and leave. My stubbornness doesn't forgive Thor that easily but... yeah ok, I forgive him but I'll pretend to be annoyed for a week or so.

Natasha's pov

I'm sat at the table and all I hear is "Fury, she's gone," I don't know where or how, but for some reason, I'm not surprised that she is.

After the meeting, I head down to Loki's cell. He's the god of mischief after all, so I'm sure he's got a few tricks up his sleeve, or so to speak.