Chapter 17- A dreadful invitation

A week after receiving Julliete's letter, I still was rilled up over being tricked by a child. I mean.... how could I have believed in his innocence? It was all a fabrication of the writer!

Damn you!

The fact I had to stay grounded in my room, as part of my punishment, certainly did not help. But it came to end rather abruptly by a Fanny rushing me to dress so I could have dinner with the Duke and Jenni. A request from the former.

I was not thrilled to have dinner with the Duke, yet the change of scenery and the company of Jenni would for sure compensate for that.

Upon arriving at the dining room, I was received with warmth by Jenni and even the Duke, who had returned to his overbearing father phase.

The dinner was great, the food was nice, and was able to muster most of the Duke's over-the-top behavior. Until everything had to collapse because nothing good can last long (right writer?!).

"I have some great news." Says the Duke taking from his inside pocket a letter. It had been open before, so its contents were known to him. He put the paper on the table, next to him, before continuing. "You, my beloved daughters, have been invited by princess Odette to have an afternoon tea with her." He gave a resplendent smile to us like this was the best news they have heard in a while.

Jenni was enthusiastic over it and I knew for sure, even without looking, that Fanny was also dying of happiness.

They were all so happy and my first reaction to this news was to yell no and crawl back to my room. I couldn't do that, but I couldn't go to that dreadful tea thing, princess Odette was using as an excuse, either.

Yes... because the tea something was an excuse princess Odette used to bring Jenni and Francis together. Their mothers had been friends in their youth and were the biggest wish from the Empress to have Jenni as a daughter-in-law. Problem was, Cedric always went as well, since he and Francis were buddies who studied together.

This plan, however, hidden from the adults, which meant Francis and Cedric had to escape their studies to see Jenni, their loved one. A tiny, tiny, very tiny part of me was curious to see how their meeting would go. The large part was thinking of excuses to escape the big boss of death traps, that was Princess Odette's tea invitation.

"Papa..." I look at the Duke with my sorrowful eyes and pouting lips. "I am not sure it is wise for me to go, especially so soon after the... incident with Prince Cedric."

"Nonsense!" Interrupted the Duke, his mood more serious now, though still playful. "That is more the reason for you to go Lucreatia. We should promote a good relationship with the Sun Empire Royal family, we are Sun Empire citizens, after all." He finished by drinking a sip of wine.

At that moment I envied him for being able to drink alcohol, with this mess I would feel a little better with a sip. Instead, I had to suffer sober while the death trap approached.

I considered telling him the possibility of Prince Cedric being there, but I had no proved and I could cause problems to princess Odette. Besides, I wouldn't want to mess with Jenni's future anyway.

Defeated, I resigned myself to my fate. The only thing I could do was to avoid the princes and let them have a talk with Jenni, I would take on Princess Odette.

While everyone discussed the best dress code and what to expect of a visit to the princess royal palace, I was in silence, cursing my unlucky ass.

A bliss filled the room, from the lord to the servants, and there I was, the black hole, wishing I could give a punch to a damned writer and a sneaky death.

A double kill punch.

What did you think of Lulu's predicament? 

Tell me what you thought of the chapter!!

-//---------------------------

In case you like my stories and would like to support me, now you can buy me a coffee!

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/andreascribe

Thanks!!!