Five

Obi-Wan and Anakin were in an elevator that was heading up to yours and Padmé's apartment. Obi-wan stood calmly and patiently as Anakin fidget around with his robe. He kept adjusting it to make himself look more presentable. Obi-wan glanced over at his Padawan. 

"You seem a little on edge." Obi-Wan pointed out as Anakin stopped messing with his robe. 

"Not at all." Anakin said, trying to dismiss the conversation. He was highly nervous about seeing you right now. 

"I haven't felt you this tense since we fell into that nest of gundarks." Obi-Wan said, continuing the conversation. Anakin scoffed at his Master's remark. 

"You fell into that nightmare, Master." Anakin reminded. "And I rescued you, remember?" 

"Oh... yes." Obi-Wan replied as they both looked straight ahead. He let out a laugh and Anakin looked over at him before letting out a chuckle. "You're sweating. Relax. Take a deep breath." 

"I haven't seen her in person in ten years, Master." Anakin said to him. Obi-Wan knew about Anakin and you seeing each other through the Force. "And our Force Bond has grown weak. I haven't talked to her or felt her through the Force a lot over the years." 

Obi-Wan simply shook his head at his Padwan's nervousness as the elevator reached your level. The doors opened and Jar Jar was standing there, waiting to greet them. 

"Obi? Obi!!" Jar Jar exclaimed as he grabbed and shook Obi-Wan's hand. "Mesa so smiled to seeing yousa!" 

"Good to see you again, Jar Jar." Obi-Wan greeted back. 

"Jedi Senator ___!" Jar Jar called for you. You were out on the balcony with Padmé and Captain Typho. You suck in a deep breath as you immediately felt Anakin's presence. It was the first time you were in his physical presence and it was overwhelming. You looked over and saw Jar Jar walk into the meeting room. 

"Mesa palos here!! Lookie, lookie, Jedi Senator." Jar Jar announced. You began to faintly feel Anakin's nervousness as he faintly felt your uneasiness. The familiar pull and feeling each other's emotion you both greatly missed was slowly returning. You saw him and Obi-Wan stop beside Jar Jar. "Desa Jedi arriven." 

You walked over to them, your Jedi robe flowing lightly behind you as Padmé and Captain Typho followed behind you. Obi-Wan bowed respectfully to you. You smiled at him, happy to see him again. 

"It's a great pleasure to see you again, milady." he greeted you. Anakin stood back still, in nervousness and in awe. You were way more beautiful than he could ever imagine. You looked fierce and powerful, yet still beautiful in your Jedi robes. Your Padawan braid swayed from the movement of your head and the rest of your hair was pulled up into a simple bun. You still had that gracefulness of a princess that he always had remembered about you. 

"It's been far too long, Master Kenobi." you smiled as you shook his hand. "Ani? My goodness, you've grown." you said, noticing his height. He was so much taller than you as you only reached his chest. Anakin slowly stepped forward to you, overwhelmed with your beauty and being in your presence again. He gave you a small smile. 

"So have you." he said. "Grown more beautiful, I mean." 

Obi-Wan looked at Anakin, disappointed in what he said. Your smile faltered as his words. It was definitely something he shouldn't be saying, especially to a fellow Jedi. 

"Well, f-for a Jedi Senator, I mean." Anakin said, trying to recover from his slip up. He took a deep breath as you let out a nervous laugh. You smiled at him again. 

"Ani, you'll always be that little boy I knew on Tatooine." you said to him as he smiled back at you. 

"And you'll always be the princess I knew on Naboo." he replied as you smiled at him and turned around to sit on the couch. Padmé said hello to them as she made her way to sit next to you. Jar Jar sat down on the other side of you. 

"Our presence here will be invisible, Jedi Senator. I can assure you." Obi-Wan said as he and Anakin made their way to sit on the couch across from you. 

"I'm Captain Typho of Her Majesty's security service." Captain Typho introduced himself to the Jedi. "Queen Jamilia has been informed of your assignment. I am grateful you are here, Master Kenobi. The situation is more dangerous than our Jedi Senator will admit." 

"___ is acting as though she hasn't nearly been killed twice." Padmé added. "She insists she doesn't need more security." 

"It's true, I don't need more security. I need answers." you retorted. "I want to know who's trying to kill me and resume back to my training." 

"We are here to protect you, Jedi Senator, not to start an investigation." Obi-Wan answered. 

"We will find out who's trying to kill you, ___. I promise you." Anakin spoke up. You were still having a hard time feeling him through your shared connection. You definitely couldn't speak to him through the Force or help ease his emotions in any way. The Force Bond was still too weak at the moment. But the look on Anakin's face said it all, he was so concern and serious about the situation. 

"We will not exceed our mandate, my young Padawan learner." Obi-Wan interrupted sternly, not liking what he was hearing from Anakin. 

"I meant that in the interest of protecting her, Master." Anakin argued. 

"We will not go through this exercise again, Anakin, and you will pay attention to my lead." Obi-Wan said as you watched confused on why Anakin was acting the way he was. 

"Why?" Anakin said defiantly. 

"What?" Obi-Wan questioned, disliking Anakin's sudden defiance.  

"Why else do you think we were assigned to her if not to find the killer?" Anakin asked with attitude. You've never seen Anakin like this. While Anakin was confused and frustrated on why him and his Master were not going to investigate. Someone was out to kill you and he wasn't going to just sit back and not find the assassin. He was going to protect you, but he wanted to find the assassin too. 

"Protection is a job for local security, not Jedi. And especially if ___ is a capable Jedi herself." Anakin continued. "It's overkill, Master. Investigation is implied in our mandate." 

"We will do exactly as the council has instructed. And you will learn your place, young one." Obi-Wan sternly declared. The air in the room got tense and thick as the Master and Padawan looked at each other. You bit your lip as looked over at your sister, who was just as concerned and confused on Anakin's sudden outburst too. Anakin looked away first and at the ground before looking at you. There was something in his eyes that you couldn't read. You wished the Force Bond was stronger so you could feel him more clearly and talk to him through it. You looked away from him and then at Obi-Wan as Padmé spoke to break the tension. 

"Perhaps with merely your presence, the mystery surrounding this threat against my sister will be revealed." Padmé said. She always had a way of breaking the tension. You let out a breath as you stood up. Everyone stood up as well as they watched your every move.

"If you'll excuse me, I will retire." you said, exhausted from everything. The situation and the overwhelming of seeing Anakin again was a lot. Everyone watching your every move was a lot. Not knowing exactly was wrong with Anakin and your connection being weak was a lot. You just wanted to be alone for now and rest. No one said anything as you walked away from everyone and went to your room. 

But you felt Anakin's glance and faintly felt his longing for you. 

This wasn't how you imagined how you and Anakin would be reunited.