Four

"I don't know how much longer I can hold off the vote, my friends." Palpatine said to the Jedi Council members in front of him. Master Yoda, Master Windu, Master Ki-Adi, and Master Koon were seated before him while Master Fisto stood behind them. "More and more star systems are joining the separatists."

"If they do break away-" Master Windu began to say. 

"I will not let this Republic that has stood for a thousand years be spilt in two. My negotiations will not fail." Palpatine interrupted. 

"If they do, you must realize there aren't enough Jedi to protect the Republic." Master Windu informed. "We are keepers of the peace, not soldiers." 

"Master Yoda," Palpatine said, getting his attention. "do you think it will really come to war?" 

"Hmm, the Dark Side clouds everything." Master Yoda said. "Impossible to see the future is." 

A hologram of one of Palpatine's servants appeared on his desk and informed him that the Loyalist Committee has arrived in Huttese. 

"Good. Send them in." he said as the hologram disappeared. He turned his attention back to the Jedi Council. "We will discuss this matter later." 

Palpatine stood up as Master Yoda got up from his seat and along with the other Jedi Council besides Master Windu, who was in deep thought. You walked in next to Padmé as the other senators filed in behind you both. Master Yoda walked over to you. 

"Jedi Senator Amidala, your tragedy on the landing platform terrible. Seeing you alive brings warm feelings to my heart." he said to you. 

"Do you have any idea who was behind these attacks?" you asked him. 

"Our intelligence points to disgruntled spice miners on the moons of Naboo." Master Windu explained to you. "It's so good to see you again, my Padawan." 

"It's good to see you again too, Master." you said with a smile. 

"I think that Count Dooku was behind both attacks and has it out for my sister." Padmé spoke up. 

"He is a political idealist, not a murder." Master Ki-Adi said. 

"Regardless, I want to find out who is behind these attacks and put a stop to it. After the voting, we can go on a mission to find them, Master Windu." you declared

"Slow down, Padawan. Count Dooku was once a Jedi. He couldn't assassinate anyone. It's not in his character." Master Windu said. 

"For certain, Jedi Senator, in grave danger you are." Master Yoda added. 

"Master Jedi.." Palpatine spoke as he glazed out the window of his office. "May I suggest the Jedi Senator be placed under the protection of your graces." 

"Do you really think that's a wise decision under these stressful times?" Senator Bail Organa from Alderaan said as he stepped forward. You were taken back from the suggestion. 

"Chancellor, if I may comment, I'm a Jedi and can protect myself. I do not need other Jedi to protect me. I do not believe-" you argued. 

"The situation is that serious?" Palpatine questioned, finishing off what you were going to say. "No. But I do, Jedi Senator." Palpatine walked forward to the group as Master Yoda eyed him carefully. "I realize all too well that additional security might be disruptive for you, but perhaps someone you're very familiar with. An old friend, like Master Kenobi." 

"That's possible." Master Windu said, agreeing with Palpatine about the additional security. You looked at your Master, shocked he was agreeing to this. "He's just returned from a border dispute on Ansion." 

"No." you disagreed with them all. "I'm not going to be discussed as if I am some helpless being. I do not need protection from a fellow Jedi. I-" 

"Padawan." Master Windu said sternly. "I know you do not like the idea of this, but your safety and life comes first. You are far too important to both the senate and Jedi to lose. Please understand where we are coming from. It is not because we do not believe in your skills and capability as a Jedi. It is because we do not want to lose our Force Chosen and only Jedi Senator." 

You let out a sigh as you did understand where they were coming from. But you still did not like the idea. 

"Do it for me, Jedi Senator. The thought of losing you is unbearable." 

You looked at your sister, who you knew wanted the extra protection for you. You looked down at the ground before nodding your head in agreement. 

"I will have Obi-wan report to you immediately, Padawan." Master Windu said to you. "We will have to continue the pause on your training, but continue to train what I have taught you in your free time." 

"I will. Thank you, Master Windu." you said bitterly. You were disappointed that the meeting did not go the way you wanted. You felt like you were being treated as a helpless child more than anything. You knew it was all for your benefit and protection, but it frustrated you deeply. The determination you once had disappeared. Master Windu gave you a sad smile. 

"I understand your frustration, but we cannot continue your training if you are killed, young Padawan. Please have patience. I promise we will start back on your training when this is all over." Master Windu said to you as he placed a reassuring hand on your shoulder. You calmed yourself with a deep breath as you nodded your head. You had to keep your frustration under control and look at the bigger picture here. 

"Thank you. May the Force be with you." Master Windu said to you 

"And may it be with you." you said as you turned to go back to your apartment to wait for Obi-Wan and Anakin. 

Anakin. 

Your heart fluttered at the realization that you were going to see him again. At least there was one up to all of this. You subconsciously place a hand on your chest where the necklace was hidden. You couldn't wait to see him again. 

~

"May the Force be with you." Obi-Wan said as the hologram of Master Windu disappeared. Anakin walked into the communications room of the ship. They were on their way back to Coruscant from another mission. 

"Everything okay, Master?" he asked as Obi-Wan turned to his Padawan. 

"___ is the target of an assassination." Obi-Wan informed him. Anakin felt his stomach drop. "There has already been two failed attempts and the council has ordered us to protect her until this is assassin is found and she is safe again." 

Anakin nodded his head as he thought back on hearing about your accomplishments as the Force Chosen and becoming the Jedi Senator. He had always wanted to tell you how proud he was of you and wanted to tell you all of his accomplishments. He thoughts then drifted back to that moment when he saw you a few weeks ago. The Force had allowed him to see you for the first time in years. You were so beautiful and he was positive you were way more beautiful in person. He was beginning to get nervous at the thought of seeing you in person again. 

But then, he felt anger at the thought that someone wanted to kill you. He wanted to find this person and put an end to this. He had to calm this anger and look on the brighter side. He was going to see you again, even though he wished it was different circumstances that you both were seeing each other again. But one thing was for sure. 

He would do anything to protect you.