Chapter 22: Growth & Overhaul!?

3rd POV:

Several weeks have passed and the Verdant group has been expanding their influence in the underworld and taking control of more prefectures without the public or government noticing yet. The Verdant publicly controlled everything in purple while they controlled all of the light blue prefectures, the pink prefectures, and the following of the green prefectures; Kanagawa, Saitama, and Gunma in the underworld without publicly controlling them since Izuku wanted to demoralize the heroes and government with a constant taking of prefectures to show that no matter what they did they didn't stand a chance at winning. The death count currently stood at 35,000 on the government side, 200 people on the Verdant side, with 1,000 civilian deaths so far. The civilian's count wasn't pleasing to Izuku but he knew it would only rise. 

The membership of the organization after taking control of all the villain and criminal organizations in these areas has risen from 800,000 members to 1,150,000 members

The membership of the organization after taking control of all the villain and criminal organizations in these areas has risen from 800,000 members to 1,150,000 members. Their combat able forces stood at 580,000 members which now equaled the combined forces of the Japanese military forces, the heroes, and the police force all combined. Izuku was happy at that and knew that he still had a slight disadvantage against the military due to their advanced weapons. 'Nothing beats old fashioned military weapons and guns.' Izuku thought as he sat in his office deciding on the next move. Izuku in honesty wanted to gain control of the entire south side of Japan before pushing north but he knew things don't always work in his favors and right as he thought of that Dabi knocked on his office door and came in with some disgusting news.

"We've found a Yakuza that I want to wipe out. They can't be combined with us due to their sick crimes. They are experimenting on children, well rather, one child. A girl named Eri from what we found out via the spy network is that the boss Overhaul is making quirk erasing bullets like we are." Dabi stated and that made Izuku curse since he didn't want anyone else getting their hands on that since it would screw them up. The bullets provided them a good last means measure of stopping a powerful individual on the government side's quirk so they didn't lose many people.

"What do we know about their progress and current affairs?" Izuku asked Dabi. He started reading off anything they currently knew as it stood. "They haven't fully made the bullets yet. We've caught it in time. Their current ones only last for seconds and they plan for permanent versions. The biggest problem is they are using the girl as an ingredient in the bullets unlike ours which is 100% artificial. They are using her blood since her quirk rewinds things out of existence. They are using her blood which has some attributes of the quirk to make the bullets." Dabi stated and that made Izuku pissed off! Izuku told Dabi to continue talking and he did. "As it stands we could wipe them out quickly but the problem is her quirk and its control. We need a way to help her control it and the only real person that could help keep her under control is Eraserhead. We could use quirk erasing bullets but... considering what she went through is an issue on our side. She is heavily traumatized due to Overhaul and the villain is being investigated by Sir Nighteye who has no idea about Eri. Their investigation has been going on for about 5 months now." Dabi stated and Izuku groaned at Sir Nighteye being involved. "Fuck... I don't want him seeing the future since he could try to screw us up or see our bases!" Izuku said and Dabi nodded his head at that. This was a huge risk of getting involved but Izuku wasn't about to leave the girl to get experimented on any more than she needed to be. Izuku sat there for a bit before telling Dabi to call a council meeting.