Final Scene

Chapter 8

Warning - Ad Astra Movie Spoilers

"I'm steady... calm. I slept well, no bad dreams. I am active and engaged. I'm aware of my surroundings and those in my meeting sphere." Brad took a deep breath, "I'm attentive." He paused again. "I am focused on the essential to the exclusion of all else." Brad paused once again.

During this part of the scene Brad was drinking coffee and I stood outside the doors of the shop with my tan trench coat.

Brad then continued the voice over.

"I'm unsure of the future... but I'm not concerned."

"I will rely on those closest to me." Brad looked up at the camera.

The scene changed to the coffee shop part and I walked in the door with my hands in the pockets of my coat.

"- and I will share their burdens."

"- cause they share mine." Brad looked downwards.

"I will live... and love..."

"- submit."

"CUT!!!" Everyone started clapping after the director said that. The movie was now over and would be released soon.

I smiled as Brad came over and took me into a big hug.

I clung onto Tom as a girl came over and hugged onto Brad's side. "Guys this is my girlfriend, Nicole Poturalski. She's a German model." I looked at her and then at Tom.

(I don't know if they're still dating. I had to look all of this up on Google.)

Tom smiled at me as I said, "This whole year while we were filming this movie and I never knew you had a girlfriend. What a shame."

I dramatically held my hand over my heart clutching it as I fell onto Tom's chest.

He held me up by my arms while laughing as Brad and Nicole joined in.

I held my hand out to Nicole. "Nice to meet you."

She looked at my crispy hand and dodged it.

She pulled me into a tight hug. "Nice to meet you too."

I smiled and pulled away from her tight grasp.

"Tom and I were going to make Spaghetti Carbonara tonight if you guys want to come have dinner with us."

I looked up at Tom and he nodded.

"Yeah sure, that would be great." Brad looked at Nicole. "Yeah, I'm okay with that."

An hour later Brad and Nicole arrived and Tom and I set the table.

"Welcome. Come on in."
They both walked in and took off their shoes. They hung their coats on the coat rack and walked into the kitchen.

Dinner went by swiftly. Everyone was engaged in conversation with one another. Nicole was talking about her modeling career, I was talking about my time in Afghanistan, and Tom and Brad were talking about their acting careers.

When dinner was done everyone put their dishes in the sink and went to sit in the couch.

As I was washing dishes Nicole came over to me. "Would you like any help?" "Oh no, it's fine." "Please, I don't want to be by those boys. Everything they talk about is boring me."

I laughed. We finished the dishes and sat next to our boyfriends. Well, I sat on Tom's lap instead of next to him.

We threw on the horror movie Playhouse and I cuddled up into Tom's chest as it started.

Nicole was scared at first but then eased into the movie and wasn't anymore.

In the first 45 minutes of the movie I was dozing off.

As I dozed off I was listening to their conversations.

"Is she asleep already?" It was Brad that asked that.

"Yeah. She usually falls asleep fast during horror movies. Don't ask me why because I haven't figured out the answer yet."

"Yeah. When she stayed over at my house that one time she fell asleep fast so I just thought she was real tired. I put on a horror movie and she was out like a light in the first 15 minutes."

After Brad said that I was now fully asleep.