Part 7

I woke up in an unfamiliar room, cardboard boxes littered the ground, a few books scattered on the dresser, and familiar, dirty clothes were piled in a corner. Then I realized; I was in my own room. But how? I had fallen asleep next to Raph. On his bed. With him. I sat up in my bed, flipped the blankets off of myself and stumbled to the closed door. I turned the knob, but it didn't budge. I pushed and pulled a few times before panic started to set in. Had the guys locked me in? But why? Did they really think I would jeopardize Raph's health? Was he okay? Did something happen?

A few minutes ticked by. Five. Ten. Thirty, as my panic slowly ebbed into fury. My short, quick breaths turned into deep heaves as it all clicked together.

Leo.

He must have carried me in here before they moved Raph into the lab and then locked me in! Like an animal! Something not worthy of trust!

I seethed, pacing back and forth until I couldn't stand the silence any longer. I banged on the door, yelling for someone to let me out. It didn't take long for the culprit himself to appear.

"Y/n."

"Leo," I ground out through clenched teeth. "Let me out."

"I can't do that," he almost sounded regretful about it. "You know I can't."

"I call bull! Tell me the truth," I demanded. "Why can't I go see Raph? I'll go through all the precautions. I won't even touch him if you say I can't. I'll do-"

"Raph will flip out the moment he lays eyes on you. That's why," he said low, like he was trying to stay calm. "He needs to rest and not be stressed in any way when he wakes and if he sees you- well, I'm certain he'll go on a rampage."

"Wh-what do you mean?" I whimpered, barely keeping my tears at bay. "You me-mean he ha-hates m-me?" My knees buckled and I hit the unforgiving floor- hard, but I didn't feel the jarring impact. I was numb to all pain by this point. The stress, the anxiety, the worry, the fear that Raph would never wake- It consumed me down to my soul.

"No! Shell no!" Leo banged on the door a few times, grabbing my attention as tears streamed silently down my cheeks. "Raph- he-he- ugh! He cares about you more than anything, that's all-"

"He does?" I sniveled, unbelieving. I know Raph cared for my safety and did everything he could to keep me from being harmed, but caring about me more than his weights? His sais? His father and brothers? I doubted that. He could barely stand my presence except on movie nights for reasons I would never understand.

"Yeah. Of course he does, Y/n," Leo cooed through the cold, metal door, cutting through my thoughts. "If he didn't, then I wouldn't have locked you in your room."

"Well," I dried my wet cheeks, sniffling. "I guess I have lost a little weight."

"Yeah...." He was so quiet and sounded so unsure- so unlike himself- that I barely heard him through the door. "A little."

I searched the room for my closet door mirror until I found it laying sideways between the wall and some boxes. I dragged it out, leaning it against the wall. The girl in the reflection barely looked like me. I lost weight, more than a little. Before, I had a few extra pounds. Enough that covered my bony joints and gave me some curves in the right places, along with a small pudge, cushy thighs, and arms that looked stronger than they really were. Now though, I could see those bony protrusions and my pudge was gone, leaving my stomach concave. My pants-held by a belt- swallowed my thighs and my once strong looking arms were sticks. I had become sickly pale, the bags under my eyes held truth to the fact that I hadn't gotten a decent night's sleep in weeks. Even my hair had become thin and brittle- mousy.