Part 2

You peeked out between your fingers- curled up on the cold ground- and saw the one responsible for the smelly, fallen men surrounding you. Their grunts and groans of pain deaf to your ears.

All you heard was his deep, rapid breaths several feet away.

All you saw was his truck-like frame walking back to you.

All you felt were his arms picking you up and holding you close to his massive, hard chest.

You wondered if the shell was permanent or part of a costume.

"Are ya hurt?" His voice was severe, making you flinch- his Brooklyn accent didn't help matters, causing him to sound more thug-like. He didn't even look at you as he walked. Not one glance. Not that it mattered, you had seen those green eyes flash in fury when he shoved you to the ground earlier. "I'm takin' ya ta Donnie. He's gonna make sure yer okay."

You didn't say a word. You couldn't. Your voice was stuck in your throat when you opened your mouth to say thanks. Any other time you were nervous your voice had a mind of its own, but no, not when a big, hulking, kind-hearted guy saved your life. So, giving up, you closed your eyes and rested your head on his chest, succumbing to sleep as you let him take you to this Donnie person. Not that you could have stopped him even if you wanted to. You had the feeling this guy would do what he wanted, no matter what anybody said. He seemed the type.

Your eyes opened to darkness, but you were comfortable on what felt like a giant bean bag, a thin blanket rested on top of you.

Where were you?

You sat up, not realizing you startled someone awake, and searched the darkness as your heart rate picked up.

"It's okay," a deep, husky voice said and you let out a sigh, recognizing the voice. He hadn't left you.

"Yer okay," he whispered, sounding relieved.

"Where am I?" You asked hesitantly. You didn't want to anger him, worried he might hurt you if you do. Earlier you had felt so safe in his arms, but now you were in a dark, unknown place with someone you knew could cause pain if he wished.

"Home," he replied, still quiet. "Not that it's much, but it suits us."

"And, um, Donnie?" You asked, unsure if this person had 'checked you' yet.

"Donnie?" He growled out.

"S-sorry!" You squeaked out, slinking back under the blanket. "You said something about him on the way here is all."

"Oh, yeah," he said in a much calmer voice. "He didn't find any injuries, but he wants to talk ta ya when ya up for it to make sure ya didn't hit yer head.

"I'm ready now," you stated hopefully, curious to see who this guy was. Was he a doctor?

"Watch yer eyes," he said as you heard light footsteps move further away from you. "I'll turn on the lights."

You squeezed your eyes shut until the lights came on. Opening them, you searched for the familiar hulking form, wanting a better look, but he was gone. Instead you found yourself in a large, domed room along with furniture made of old pizza boxes. Your face scrunched in confusion. There were no windows, but the large room was open, connected to equally large rooms on every side that had other rigged up furniture. Honestly, you weren't really sure what you were seeing, or if any of it was real. Especially when a giant, freakishly tall, walking turtle walked in wearing a purple bandana across his eyes.

"Hey, I'm Donnie," the creature said, sitting down on a makeshift stool next to you.

You stared in silence, wondering if this was all a dream. That maybe the guys in the alley weren't actually real.