Date With Ashton (Bonfire Part II)

"Ash?" Victoria asked, as he tied his bandana around her eyes.
"Shh it's okay babe I won't let anything happen to you." Ash quickly said, and put his hands on Victoria's waist. "It's okay. All I want is to take you to a surprise. I won't let anything happen to you, I promise."
Ashton gently guided Victoria, making sure she didn't step on the tiniest rock or anything, and kept comforting her.
"You're not going to push me off a cliff, right?"
Ashton stopped walking, and blinked twice. Then he started laughing, his hands back at her waist. "Victoria, Babe, if I pushed my beautiful, gorgeous girlfriend off a cliff, I would have a very disappointing life. After-all, pushing off my future wife and mother of my kids off a cliff does seem quite contradictory." Victoria stopped walking, not sure she had heard what Ashton said, or only what she wanted to hear. Ash & her hadn't really talked about their future, and Ash just coming out and saying that like it was to be assumed was...hard to wrap her head around. Did this mean that he really liked her a lot? A life with Ashton would be a fantasy, so did she imagine Ash saying that, or did he actually say it?
"Babe, you okay?" Ash asked, pulling Victoria in for a hug. Victoria grinned like an idiot.
"I've never been better."
She could almost see Ash's grin.
"Good, because we're here."
Ashton took off his bandana, stealing a kiss from Victoria. Victoria's eyes widened. This sky was so beautiful here, and Ashton had, somehow, managed to get an old ski lift working.
"To our adventure?"
Ash asked, emerging from a rusty old shack.
With a creak, the ski lift began to move, and looking at the rusty metal, Victoria began to second guess this.
Is it really safe?
"Ash, is it safe?"
Ash opened his mouth, then shut it.
"Well, to be honest, I'm not entirely sure. But Victoria, I would love for you to join me on a huge adventure that I have planned."
Ash smiled, and pointed at the dazzling night sky.
"You can even say that it was written in the stars."
Victoria grinned at Ash.
"Okay, you got me." Victoria smiled, and headed over to the platform with Ash.
"Besides," Ashton said, "we'll both die anyways if it falls. We'll be like Romeo and Juliet then."
Victoria smiled. It was very cheesy, but it was adorable.
"Get ready," Ash said, grabbing her hand, "the cars coming."
Victoria felt the car hit her in the back but before she could step to the side or even mutter an 'Ouch' there was a whoosh of air as Ash had pulled her up so she was sitting right next to him.
"Now, we're going to be on this ski lift for about twenty minutes. Then we'll get off at our next spot. Then we'll head somewhere else, and then get a hitch back on our handy dandy ski lift," Ash said with a smile, patting the ski lift. It groaned beneath the weight, but Victoria felt safe, especially since she was in Ash's arms.
"I thought that we should get something to eat or we'll starve," Ash said, opening up a basket Victoria hadn't noticed before.
"Plus, the next place we're going it might not be the best thing to do, but I don't want you to starve. Plus we have twenty minutes," Ash glanced down at his watch, "make that eighteen, of looking at this beautiful scenery, and I thought 'it's so gorgeous, why don't we eat food and enjoy it together?'" Ash gave her a sandwich, a bag of potato chips, and a water bottle full of water.
"It's not much," Ash said, looking downwards, "and I wanted the wine and the roses, but I didn't know what you would think: romantic or too cheesy, and I was worried that..." Victoria cut Ash off by placing her lips on Ash's. She could feel him smiling, and she couldn't help but smile too. "Babe, I'd like to kiss you too, but we better eat. We only have a few more minutes until we have to land on the platform for our next stop."
Victoria smiled.
"Where are we going next, Ash?" She asked, and Ash smiled.
"It's a surprise."
****
Victoria braces herself to jump, or fall, to land on the next concrete platform, but Ash beat her to it, and helped her down.
"Shit," he cursed when he forgot that he left the remains of their supper in the basket on the lift, but smiled when Victoria laughed about it and teased him about it.
"We have to go back into the forest?" Victoria asked, and Ash smiled.
"Yes. No bandana this time. And I'll protect you," Ash said, taking Victoria's hand and kissing it.
"I promise."
They walked hand-in-hand through the forest, Ash gently leading the way.
After a few minutes Ash turned to face Victoria.
"Okay this is it. Cover your eyes. You can open them when I say 'Three' okay?" Victoria nodded and covered his face with her hands.
"1..." Ash gently lead her forward, and she was standing in a clearing.
"2...and 3."
Victoria moved her hands, and gasped.
"Ashton," she barely managed to say, and Ash gave her a big cheesy smile & a kiss on the cheek.
"Like it? But first, let's light this baby up."
Ash walked to the amusement park's technical room, and flipped a switch. The amusement park lit up and Ash walked behind Victoria, wrapping his arms around her & nuzzling his head into the nape of her neck, giving her a few kisses.
"Ash...but how..." Ash smiled, and kissed Victoria's shoulder.
"Angel, it's been abandoned for 25 years. I found it half a year ago. Kept it a secret. I've tried everything, it all works and is safe, except there's only two rides I haven't managed to check yet. But the whole parks to oursleves. I have a map here, thank god I didn't leave it in the basket," Ash pulled out an old looking map from his pocket, "so we can do anything you want." Victoria's eyes wandered the page. So much she wanted to do...
"Do you mind if we walk down the street and then find a ride?" She asked, and Ash smiled.
"It'd be my privilege."
They walked, commenting on everything.
"Hey look," Victoria said, pointing at a game, "they usually have those at carnivals." Ash got a goofy grin, and pulled Victoria to the break a bottle game with the baseballs.
Ash slid behind the counter with a big grin on his face.
"Hello there, beautiful lady. Would you like to try to win this stuffed kitty and surprise gift?" Ash asked, finding the baseballs, bottles that weren't broken, and a stuffed animal that was in great condition.
"I'd love to try," Victoria said with a smile.
Ash handed her the baseballs, and Victoria smashes every single one, while Ash clapped.
"Well done, my lady. Here's your kitty," Ash said, handing over the stuffed tabby, and your surprise gift, is..." Ash pressed his lips against Victoria's.
Victoria melted.
This was the most romantic thing she'd ever done: or ever dreamed of.
Ash & Victoria just messed around the whole time: challenged each other in the the Super Soaker Game, riding different rides together, Ash had brought some slushie-maker stuff up earlier that week so he made her a slushie.
About an hour later, about 11PM, Ash and Victoria headed back to the ski lift, after Ash promised to bring the rest of the crew up to the park tomorrow, even stating that there was another section of the park he found the other day: the waterpark part.
"There's only one more thing we have to do," Ash said, giving Victoria a kiss.
"But I need to know now: do you trust me?"
Victoria looked at Ash, and smiled. "Of course I do."
"Good. I just needed to know that. Otherwise we wouldn't manage to do the next and last thing."
"What's that?"
Ash smiled.
"Me pushing you off a cliff."
"Very funny."
"I thought so...Oww! That hurt!"
****
"Ash," Victoria said panickly, about five minutes later.
"Hmm?"
"There's...no more land...only water...and...and the ski lift ends."
Ash smiled.
"Didn't I tell you what we're doing next?"
"No," Victoria said with a frown.
"Cliff diving."
Before her mind could process that, I grabbed her arm and pushed her off the lift, and grabbing her hand, jumped off with her, falling into the water.
"Asshole!" Victoria said, when she got back to the surface. The water was, surprisingly, really warm, and Ash holding her in the water made her feel warmer.
Ash laughed.
"Climb the cliff with me and jump with me," Ash pleaded, as he began to swim back to shore.
As much as she didn't want too, she did.
They had had a fun adventure so far.
So she followed him.
As they walked through the forest, Victoria started to realize how easy it was and simple for Ash to talk about her being his wife, and their children, because all of a sudden she could see her & Ash forever, and their future together.
No matter how the past was, she was here with the one she loved, who she was supposed to be with.
She looked down from the cliff.
The water looked scary, but she found some hope. Ash had outstretched his hand, and she grabbed it.
"Ready?"
Victoria nodded and smiled.
She left the past behind, feeling Ash's hand in hers and she could feel their lips touching even though they weren't kissing and she could see their future and she knew she don't have to worry about the past or future anymore.
She was safe with the one she truly loved and would be with forever.

When she grabbed Ash's hand and jumped, she was finally free.