𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

"I- I can't" Dabi said, half shouting. He practically jumped away from you, running his hands through his hair.

Dabi raised his fists, and punched the wall with excessive force. You jumped back at the loud crash of his fists breaking through the dry wall.

He pulled his hand back, revealing blood trickling down his enflamed knuckles.

"I'm not going to tell you, an immature UA kid, about my shit. Even if you're hot. I'm not stupid" he yelled at you, wagging his hand around drunkenly.

"Thanks" you said, only paying attention to the 'hot' comment.

"Wasn't complimenting you" he said, rolling his eyes.

"I want to know, I'm curious. Please just tell me I promise I won't say anything" you pleaded, jumping up from your chair and walking closer to him.

"No" he said, crossing his arms and looking down at you.

"It's the least you can do after kidnapping me"

"You're supposed to be scared right now. What's wrong with you? I don't have to be this nice" he sneered, grabbing the ends of you hair, pulling them to turn your head up towards him.

It was definitely the alcohol affecting you. It was making you overstep your boundaries. You had been training to handle kidnapping situations ever since you were young. You knew to be calm, composed, polite, and strategic. But you were just falling apart at his hands.

"I don't know..." you said, your voice trailing off.

You weren't thinking clearly. Your mind couldn't decipher right from wrong. You weren't looking at Dabi as the villain he is, your judgment was being clouded. Instead, you just wanted to know about him. Every previous fear about his threats had melted away.

Dabi reached behind the bar, and you had lost count of the amount of drinks he had poured himself.

He wrapped his lips around his glass, downing the drink in mere seconds. He slammed it onto the counter with so much force that the glass shattered.

Dabi winced as a shard of glass cut into his hand.

"Fuck" he muttered, slapping his hand on the counter.

"Are you okay?" you mumbled quietly.

"This is your fault. God, you're annoying. You just can't mind your own business, can you?" he yelled, approaching you.

You shouldn't have ever questioned Dabi about himself. It was obviously traumatic if he was being triggered this much from a simple question.

"You're mad at me? I'm the one in the wrong? Fuck you. You kidnapped me. Threatened to burn my face off. Threatened to kill everyone I love. You literally told me I'm not going to make it out alive. Ever. I'd rather die than listen to you play the victim for one more minute" you screamed, inching closer and closer to him.

He stared at you, shocked at your outburst. Dabi realized that you didn't fear him. And you were the first person he had met in years who didn't.

"You heroes and the word 'victim'. None of you understand the world and the complexities of it. Don't you get it? We're all corrupted. Not just the villains, but all of you heroes too. You think you're saving people? You guys just make all of our lives a million times worse. There is no victim except society itself" Dabi lectured, not pausing to breath once. His face grew red from his lack of oxygen.

All you could do was stare at him, his chest bouncing up and down from his short and sudden breaths.

"But that isn't me. And it isn't my friends either" you whispered, bracing for another eruption of his anger.