08

Warning: like two small smut scenes? Not even that smutty to be honest
**
You sighed turning on your side, your back was pressed against Eren's chest as his arms were around you, his chin was resting against your shoulder and you could feel his breath against your neck. He was asleep, he was the only one who had slept well that night.

Your eyes were closed, but you couldn't rest for shit. Not after your meeting with Erwin anyway, that was one of those unexpected things that could ruin your already bad mood. His words resounded in your mind in a loop, it was hurting you.

"What do you want to talk about?" You had asked sitting in his car, your hands were shaking at the thought that maybe Levi had sent him to talk to you, you didn't know if that's what you wanted or feared.

Erwin looked at the college garden in front of the parking lot. "You found a new boyfriend?" He asked, no judgment in his voice, just pure curiosity.

You bit your lip. "He's not... he likes me." You muttered shyly. "I thought I could give him a chance, I don't know." Eren's smile after that kiss was impressed in your mind, how could turn him down and destroy his happiness? You simply couldn't. "I don't want to make him unhappy."

The blonde man nodding understanding. "I see, but are you happy?" He asked looking at you with his deep blue eyes, you were taken aback by that question.

He could see how your eyes were sad and off, you looked like shit in general. You looked as if you hadn't slept in months even if you did sleep during the day and stay up at night, you weren't wearing any makeup and wore just a pair of sweat pants and a hoodie. "I'm trying." You whispered.

He sighed. "What's going on Y/n? Levi won't talk to me. He only said you broke up with him."

You bit your lip trying to repress the tears, again. "Yes, I was the one... how can we break up if we were nothing?! He was pretty clear about that." You snorted annoyed. "Whatever, I decided to end it after he told me my feelings were fake or something." You folded your arms on your chest.

"Or something?"

"Look Erwin, I appreciate you checking on me, really. I know you want to protect Levi as well, but I'm not the enemy, you think I wanted to leave him in the first place?" You asked, your high tone sounding more desperate than the usual. "I love him, that's what I told him that day, even after he had done something I didn't like. He told me it was a crush and that I wasn't really in love with him and he wasn't either. I threatened to leave, he said he could find many girls way better than me, so here I am." You ended your explanation leaving the man next to you speechless. "I'm trying to look out for myself, if Levi can't love me... Eren can."

"I think he loves you." Erwin's words made you snap your head towards him, your jaw almost dropped as you stared at him waiting for explication. "I can't be sure about it, of course, but Levi has been acting... different. I've never seen him so upset in all my life, he's truly hurt."

"That makes the both of us." You commented snarkily and frowned. "He never called, not a message, nothing. What was I supposed to do? I'm trying to get better." You leaned against the seat and closed your eyes trying to think. "He's probably already found a new girl, give him a few days."

"You're young and he's... difficult. But you work together, maybe if you could step forward and-"

"No." You cut him off and he blinked confused.

"Pardon?"

"I said no. Erwin, what we had was based on sex and money, here, I said it. If I go back and ask him to talk or something, he'll think I want his money, and I don't care about it." You opened the door ready to get you. "As you said, you don't know if he loves me or if it's just your supposition, and I'm not taking any chances." You got out and forced a smile. "If... if he'll ever want to talk to me, I'll be happy to discuss the matter, but I already opened up to him about how I feel. It's his turn." You closed the door, waved gently, and then walked away.