Chapter 2- don't be too long

Dear Diary,

I visited the flower shop today, I haven't been there since we last went together, I could hardly keep it together when the florist asked where he was. Picked up the flowers he mentioned he liked though, they remind me of when he was here.

~~~~

"Hey there" Dream responded. George gave a nice smile as he stared at Dream. "You like what you see?" He smirked, making the older chuckle nervously.

Dream helped George carry his baggage to his car, they shoved the cloth suitcase in the trunk. The blush on George's face was made more prominent when Dream opened the passenger door for him and closed it lightly once the brit was settled and buckled.

The drive home was chatter filled, then busy discussing how George ended up coming to Florida. For the most part, he never told Dream what issues he wanted to get away from, but Dream knew better than to push him into fessing up about it

~~~~

George's eyes wandered the walls of the house as he stepped in. The door opened up to a large Foyer that was minimally decorated. A small table to the right greeted him, he set his phone down in suit to Dream doing the same with his keys. He continued to stare in awe at the windows that covered the wall in front of him. The view was pretty good, you could see hills off in the distance that the sunset was peeking through.

To the right of those windows was a tall bookshelf littered with books and a small vase. George stepped towards the shelf, running his finger along the leather-covered books. His hand landing on the empty glass vase at the end of the row.

"Really Dream?" George said, waving the vase in the air.

Dream grabbed the vase out of George's hands, their fingers touching slightly, just enough to make George blush.

"I moved in not that long ago you can't judge me for not decorating" Dream said in a joking tone that made both of them chuckle.

"Okay but tomorrow we are getting you flowers for it"

"Fine," Dream said, rolling his eyes as a smirk still laid on his face.

Dream gave George a tour of the rest of the house, explaining where patches likes to hang out and other things about his house.

Finally, they got to Dreams bedroom, it was pretty spacious with a queen-size bed in the center. On one side was a desk that faced the same wall the bed was on. And to the other side as a dresser that was the same height as the desk, very symmetrical setup.

Dream turned to George before saying, "I could sleep on the couch if you want, so you can have the bed"

"No you shouldn't have to do that, we could just," he paused, putting his hand awkwardly behind his head, "share the bed?"

Blush began to creep on both males' faces. Dream was beyond flustered at this point, he was just imagining sharing a bed with him, feeling his body heat radiate off him, keeping him warm, feeling him tug at the blanket, waking up to hear his raspy voice.

"As long as you're not a blanket hog," Dream said, George just laughed before setting his stuff down at the end of the bed.

"So do you wanna go watch a movie or something?" Dream said while making his way to his kitchen.

George muttered a quick 'yeah' before following dream down the hallway. Dream rounded the corner to the kitchen after stopping to lead him to the living room.

"Gogy wait here I'm gonna make us some popcorn"

"Okie, don't be too long" George sat on the couch, resting his head on the armrest and stretching his legs down the length of the couch.

~~~~

Butterflies began to engulf dream as he made his way back to the kitchen. His crush for George was easy to hide when they were in discord calls, he could always just mute or tell George he had to go do something whenever he got flustered, and George couldn't see the blush consuming his cheeks. But now they were in person there was nowhere to hide, no mute button, face fully visible. He wasn't sure how long he could keep up his nonchalant act.

He grabbed a bag of microwave popcorn and threw it in the microwave. He then grabbed a bowl off the top shelf and set it down on the counter. He rested his hands on the sides of the bowl and hung his head, unable to shake George from his mind.

Once the popcorn was ready he grabbed the bowl before walking back to the living room. To his surprise, George was asleep on the couch in the same position he left him in. All he could do was smile as he admired the boy below him, chuckling lightly at the sight of his mouth still resting slightly open. He set the bowl down on the coffee table before making his way back to the brit. He contemplated his next actions before deciding, fuck it.

He pushed his hands slowly under Georges's back and under his knees, soon enough, he was a princess carrying him down the hall and back to his bedroom. Dream was either hallucinating or he saw George lightly blush after doing the action. He trotted his way to the side of his bed before setting George down lightly between the covers.

Dream quickly changed into some sweats of his own before getting under the covers on the other side. He rolled around attempting to find comfort for a while, almost forgetting about the body that laid next to him until he felt a light tug on the blanket. He glanced over to see George stirring in his sleep, making the smile come back to Dream's face. And finally, he fell asleep staring at the beautiful boy next to him.

~~~~

George woke up to the feeling of cold air surrounding his body, he was no longer on the couch but rather in Dreams bed. The cold feeling was due to the lack of blankets on his body. He looked over at the tall man beside him, he faced him with blankets covering him.

Yeah, and I'm the blanket hog.

George grabbed the edge of the white comforter before tugging on it, the blanket didn't budge, so he tugged harder, still nothing. Soon he was pulling the blanket with nearly all his strength, but it only gave about a foot or two of room. He sighed before scooting closer to Dream. Georges back was inches away from dreams chest, he could feel him breathing down his neck.

George began lulling back to sleep when suddenly he felt an arm wrap over his waist and tug him closer, their bodies now touching and legs intertwined. George let out a small gasp at the sudden contact he was now making with his best friend. He laid there feeling a lot of different things, he felt warm, he felt dreams body pressed against his, but most of all he felt butterflies in his stomach. He couldn't quite name the feeling of it, but he just felt safe.

WC: 1212