Chapter 1 Move-In

A/N: I have always loved the relationship the ninja have with each other. When I was younger, I always drew comics of the ninja just being goofballs. This book is basically gonna be that with some shipping and story driven moments here and there. So if you ever wondered what the ninja would be like in a college-centered comedy then your wish is granted. Hope you enjoy.

"Okay so... this is the place?" Jay asked himself, looking lost. He was currently driving to his college campus, but the directions lead him to an empty field, no civilization for miles. "Uhhh... I'm totally going to get murdered or something here. School isn't worth this anywa--"

"HEY!"

"AAAH!" Jay screamed by the sudden person popping up right beside his window. The young man looked around, not seeing any other cars or vehicles in sight. He turned back to the nicely dressed guy and rolled down the window. The guy wore a bright pair of shades and a fancy white hat to cover the sun's rays.

"Where... where did you come from?" Jay asked the older man. The ginger noticed a forest not to far from his car. He wondered if the guy lived in the woods.

"Why are you here?" The man asked in a nasally tone. He was so pale, he almost resembled a ghost. A part of Jay wished he was just dreaming.

"Umm, I think I'm lost. I was looking for Elemental University. I think I might have taken a wrong turn or--"

"What's your name?" The guy asked slowly.

"Uhh.. Jay Walker?" The young man said as more of a question than answer. The nicely dressed gentleman pulled out a clipboard and pen. He read over a long list of names and nodded happily.

"Yup, you're in the right place. Just drive past those two trees. The school will be right there," He explained causally. Jay turned to the direction the guy pointed. Two bended trees were about a mile away of grassy meadow from him.

"Are you serious?" The young man asked, but the nicely dressed gentleman had vanished. Jay glanced back at the trees before letting out a sigh. "Okay, it's official, you've lost your mind... hehe... just another day in Ninjago... right?"

Despite his better judgement, Jay drove towards the two trees. If this were a month ago, there's no way Jay would ever listen to the directions of a stranger who poofs out of thin air. However, when an old man handed him a scholarship letter for a school of people just like him, all bets were off. And yes, the young inventor knew he was different and so did his parents. He just never knew others had powers like him. No one usually shows off to the world that they have super powers when scientists can easily take them away and experiment on them. He wasn't sure if he was going to fit in with his classmates, but all he really cared about now was if the school had any Tech classes. His family didn't have the money for college, so a full ride scholarship was not something to just pass up, especially when you got no other options.

As Jay reached the trees, a liquid like barrier washed through his body and sent chills down his spine. On the other side, he saw pavement. He saw a huge parking lot, apartment structures, and one giant university in the center. It took all of Jay's strength not to scream in shock. However, his vehicle was stopped by a security guard protecting the enterance gate. The young man finally noticed that this was the only entrance inside the giant stone wall around the whole area. The guard at the gate gave Jay a suspicious look as he pulled up. The young man waved an awkward hello, but the man just pulled out another clipboard.

"May I see your driver's license and acceptance letter?" He asked plainly. He was in a dull blue jumpsuit, and his face and tone gave off that he rather be anywhere else. Jay complied and handed him the information. The man glanced at the letter and license before turning back to his clipboard. After a few minutes of examination, he handed back Jay's belongings.
"You are free to enter. Welcome to Elemental University." The large metal gate opened slowly before the young man. Jay continued to stare in awe while swallowing hard. He drove his car inside and quickly found a parking spot. He stepped out, still sightseeing, when he heard voices in the distance. Students were already strolling around campus. He noticed one kid teleporting while another flew up into air. So many kids with so many different powers. Jay had been a few days late for the start of class since his home was so far away, so all the students had already started their usual classes. The young man looked down at his application form again before growing a smile.