Preperation

1 week later

I woke up, the small amount of light that always glowed in the ceiling still there. That was one of the things I could count on, my cell would be the same no matter what. Schedules change, people change, heck the food changed the other day too. Instead of the dry bread and an apple with some water, I was getting somewhat more normal food. Carrots, not stale bread, a baked potato here and there, and even a porkchop or two.

At first, I was just glad to not be getting starved to death anymore, but then I began to think more deeply about it. Why would they just all the sudden feed me like I was actually worth something? I remembered things Zhuvito had said, he's prepared me, it's time, the end. They were prepping me for the war, whenever it came.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm terrified. I'm a kid and he expects me to be his weapon of mass destruction. Just for his own enjoyment and rule.

My door creaking stirred me from my thoughts. I turned to look at the door, seeing Lazlo peak his head in. I gave a slight grin, if it could even be called that, as he walked in the door.

"Hey squirt, how you holding up?" He asked caringly. I gave him an unchanged expression.

"Dumb question, right. I do have something for you though." The knight shut the door as he stepped closer to my bed. His left hand was hidden behind his back, I couldn't position myself in a way that I could see though.

Once he had made it next to me, he brought his hand back out in front of him. Clothes?

"Figured that the ones you currently have are a bit... worn, so I searched the storage room for some clothes that would fit you. It might be a bit big, but I think it will be better than what you're currently in." Lazlo explained as I took the fabric from his hand. I unfolded them to find dark blue jeans and a grey T-shirt.

"I'll, uh, leave while you get changed." I waited for the door to completely shut before carefully switching my clothes from my torn, dirty ones to the clean ones I had just received. Lazlo was right, they were a little big on me. The jeans went over the top of my shoes and the sleeves of the shirt nearly covered my elbows. Not like my raggedy clothes fit any better after the limited amounts of food anyway.

I knocked on the door when I was finished changing to tell Lazlo he could come in. I handed him my old clothes and sat back down on my bed.

"I'll see what I can do to get these fixed up for you. There's a lady here named Ania, she's really good at this kind of stuff. I bet she can help out with this in the next few days." Lazlo left after that, continuing with whatever he had been told to do for the day. I went back to sitting on my bed and staring at the plain grey walls of my cell.

Hermitcraft
Grian's POV

Xisuma: Server meeting. Noon.

X had sent the message out to all of us this morning. I knew what it was for, and the thought made my adrenaline rush.

It made me believe that all the hard work we had put in for the past few months was finally going to pay off. That all the restless hours and pain and endless work was finally going to be worth something.

X had a plan to save t/n. And it was all I had been able to think about all day.

It was only 11, there was still an hour until I had to be at the meeting. Time seemed to be going at an incredibly slow rate, but as Joe always says to us, time always goes by at the same pace, no matter how you perceive it. Honestly, I was starting to doubt that statement with how my days had been going.

Everything seemed to take three times the usual and it was getting ridiculous. I just wanted the days to go by until we had t/n back. I knew that day was hopefully soon, it felt like I could reach out and touch it.