the plan

~~~Chapter 3~~~

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see it. Bright green eyes glaring at me. I did the only thing I could do form the tightest ball I could and set off warning sounds.  I stayed like that for a long time, over an hour at least. When I rolled out of my ball it was daylight again and the warmth of the sun warmed my cold body. The wild animal was gone so I allowed myself to waddle over to the stream to get a drink of water. 

I needed to get away from this place; I needed the warmth and coziness of my cage. Christmas was in a week, I needed to be with my family. Who else was going to eat the leftovers? 

Then it was all so clear, once I saw the dog who I knew quite well coming down the hill I knew my plan wouldn’t fail. I was to hitch a ride back up the hill with my friendly dog friend.

She came down, sniffed me and continued down the path.

Then I realized that there was no way for her to carry me up the hill. 

Night soon came after the dog had left me to go back up to the house where she would be warm.

Now I was cold, damp and covered in mud. I knew I wouldn’t be able to survive in this condition much longer. I could actually feel my life slipping away from me as I slowly fell asleep, I couldn’t even roll into a tight ball anymore I was to cold. Lying in the muddy grass in a loose ball shape I felt my presence leave as my eyes closed.