Chapter 11

Marinette woke up to her alarm beeping. She got up groggily and turned it off. She got ready as usual. While brushing her teeth, tikki flew up to her.
"Marinette when are you going to tell luka?"
Marinette had completely forgotten about that.
"Tikki should i? I would feel so bad if i did."
"Marinette you can't lead him on!"
"I know but luka has never done anything bad to me. I can't imagine hurting him!"
"It's ok, i'm sure he will understand!"
Marinette looked down at her feet. She felt ashamed about what she was gonna do.
"Your right tikki..." Marinette said continuing to brush her teeth. She got dressed and headed to school.

"Adrieeen"
"What plagg?"
"You sure you want to tell kagami how you feel today?"
Adrien turned to face plagg and thought about it.
"I don't know, what if she doesn't want to be friends anymore?"
"Hmm i don't know. Kagami is unpredictable sometimes. But camembert isn't!" Plagg said chomping down on the cheese.
"Plagggg you don't have to eat that so early in the morning!" Adrien said pinching his nose.
Plagg flew to get more. Adrien rolled his eyes and left for school.

Marinette took a deep breath and texted luka.
Hey luka, can you meet me in the park today?
She hesitated before she sent it. I hope he'll understand... Then she sent it. She headed to class.
She sat down next to adrien.
"H-hey adrien!"
"Hi marinette!"
Class started. Marinette kept staring at adrien. She then started think of cat noir. Her face went red. Adrien looked over at marinette, and saw how red she was.
"Are you ok marinette?" He asked
"Yeahhh i'm great!" Marinette said staring lovingly at adrien.
Marinette felt her phone vibrate. She sneakily took her phone out to peak at the text she got. It was luka.
Sure thing marinette
Adrien peaked over at marinettes phone. He saw that she was texting luka. I forgot about luka... I wonder what they are gonna be doing in the park today... Adrien looked away and felt a sadness wash over him.
Marinette stared at the text message wondering if she was making the right decision. She put her phone away thinking about what she would say to luka.
Class ended and everyone went to their lockers. Marinette stared at the text message again. What am i supposed to say to him?! Hey luka i don't love you! No of course not! Marinette smacked her forehead trying to come up with something.
Adrien looked over at marinette. He wondered if he should do something. He opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out. She walked past him not noticing that he was trying to talk to her. He slumped over. The rest of the day both adrien and marinette thought about how they were supposed to tell kagami and luka that they didn't love them. The bell rang indicating that school was over. Marinette packed her stuff up and hurried out of school. Adrien headed to his locker to put on his fencing gear. When he was done, he looked up to see kagami.
"C'mon adrien." She said walking out of the room.
They both positioned themselves facing eachother.
"On guard!" They both got ready.
Adrien lost track of what was happening while trying to find the words to tell her. He snapped back into reality to see kagami running at him. He tried to dodge her but she was too fast.
"Your hesitating adrien!" She said annoyed.
He frowned.
They practiced for another hour and time after time adrien was beat.
"Adrien your so predictable today!" Kagami scolded.
Adrien looked away from her, ashamed.
They went back to their lockers together. Everyone left and they were the last two in the room. Kagami walked up to adrien.
"I don't know what's wrong but the pleasure of beating you was nothing today. You were weak." She said.
Adrien stared at her and opened his mouth but no words came out.
"What?" She said slightly tilting her head.
He went silent and looked down.
She lifted his chin with her hand and lightly kissed him on the cheek. She started to walk away and adrien knew he had to do something. He grabbed her hand and she walked back. He stood up.
"Look kagami..." he paused.
She looked at him wondering what he was trying to say.
"Your a really good friend, your always there for me and your a great fencing partner but..."
"But what?!" Kagami demanded.
"I don't love you!" He blurted without thinking.
She stared at him, her expression showing pure confusion and hurt.
"What do you mean?! We get andres ice cream all the time and you tell me if the best fencing partner you've ever had!"
"I know! But i don't think we're meant for each other!"
Kagami narrowed her eyes and walked up to adrien.
"It's marinette isn't it?!" She snarled.
"W-what?!" Adrien said shocked.
"You've finally realized how much marinette likes you and now you like her too!" Kagami said angrily.
"Kagami-"
"No your right adrien...we're not meant for eachother!" kagami said storming out of the room.
Adrien knew he couldn't reason with her and watched her stomp out.
He looked at the ground.
"Plagg what have i done?!"
Plagg flew up.
"Well she sure didn't take that lightly!"
"I knew it was a bad idea!" Adrien said squinting his eyes shut.
"She had to know!" Plagg said.
"I know plagg but i didn't realize how possessive kagami was over me! And how she knew marinette liked me!"
Plagg disappeared into adriens locker.
Adrien sat down and put his head in his hands thinking of how he could apologize.
"Plagg let's go! I'm going to apologize to her!"
Plagg came back out with a mouthful of cheese. He gulped and looked at adrien weirdly.
"What?"
"Why are you apologizing?"
"Because i hurt her feelings!"
"Adrien you don't have to apologize to someone because you told them what you truly felt!"
Adrien turned his gaze outside and closed his eyes. He sighed, packed his fencing gear and headed out of school.

Meanwhile, marinette made her way to the park.
"Tikki what will i say!"
"Marinette, you know luka is a very understanding person!" Tikki said while staying hidden.
"I know but i don't want to hurt him!..."
"He's gonna have to know sooner or later that you don't feel the same for him!"
Marinette slowed her walk down the closer she got to the park. She walked with her head down, not even looking for luka.
"Marinette? Are you alright?"
Marinette slowly looked up. There he was, standing there looking at her. His expression was concerned but his gaze soft. She took a deep breath and looked straight at luka.
"Hi luka...can we...talk?"