Hood Gurl- Vol. 1

Chapter 1

(October)

“Dad, Dad, Dad! Nooooo!” I yelled as he dragged me across the floor. 

“DID YOU FREAKING TAKE MY ALCOHOL BOTTLES OR NOT!?” He said furiously. His eyes were inflamed, with water and sleep crusts. His dark brown short faded haircut was starting to grow more with puffy little dusts on the sides. His mouth smelled like raw fish, and dozens of alcohol has been swallowed. His shirt was dirty white with food condiments rubbed around, drink spillings around the collar, and his pants were totally ripped up with tiny pieces sticking out. He looked homeless, he looked like a bum, he looked like a hobo, and he looked like a… useless son of a gun.

The name is Kassidy Davis. And, HELLLLL… to the yes, this is my life.

**************************************

Now before I go on to explain a story that I remarkably lived to tell after that big beat down, I have to tell you all about me. I am 16 years old, and I live in a bad neighborhood. I got shoulder long dark brown hair but I am workin it though. I recently dyed it auburn blonde last weekend on the tips, and have a bit of a curl at the end. I’m 5’8 and yeah I’m almost 6 foot tall but that’s why I’m in the cheerleading squad, and in the gymnastics team, and trust me it wasn’t easy whatsoever. I got caramel skin, and neat French mancures. I got that beauty mark on my face complimenting my two cute dimples, and I am slim in body weight. Due to the fact, I must maintain my eating habits. However, the only things my mom makes is fried chicken, with refried beans, or order pizza, or order Chinese, and we only got soda, and water in da fridge. When I’m hungry, I just sometimes eat before I come home from my gymnastics practice to the deli. I have 3 friends but a really special friend named Deahvian. I’ll tell you more about hah lada. I’m in the 11th grade, and my school is a couple of blocks away. It’s called Corson High, home of the Cougars. I love that I help represent my school with my cheer leading squad. Spreadin’ around school spirit like butter, and helping the people be lifted up high to be proud of our school like mad crazy. My school ain’t very pretty, sure we got a big track field, football field, a swimming pool, separate parking spaces for students and teachers, and a separate gymnasium and auditorium, that only happened recently when one of the girls in basketball practice was gunna shoot a ball in a hoop instead it went flyin’ over the principal’s head then BOOP. She was knocked unconscious. That’s how we finally got a separate place for sport practices, and meetings. Nevertheless, we got a small lunchroom that has to fit about 120-200 students each period, which can only hold about 100. Yeah, it’s that small. In addition, the classrooms are classrooms. Anyways I got two set of twins. This is a set of two girls and two boys. In addition, I got one other sister, and one other brother, including me, so that makes about seven kids livin’ up in heh. Did not know what the hell went thru my parents mind about havin seven KIDS. Nevertheless, it wasn’t totally their fault. They weren’t expecting to have two set of twins. They only wanted four, but oh well. My sister names are Aniyah, Jazmine, and Raven. My bros names are Robert, Andrew, and Jordan. Big family, in a small house. My best friend I told you I was going to explain ‘bout lives about a ½ hr away from here. Her name is Deahvian Jones. I also got two other friends named Keyshia DeLa Cruz, and Marcus Bryant, but there not as close to me as Deahvian is. We been friends since kindergarten and she been holdin it down for me, for as long as it’s been. We had sleepovers, went to parties, THRU some parties, and even went to as far as California with each other during the summer with her family, which I’m very fond of lately.  Now you probably wondering where is my mom around this big story I’m telling you people, well she probably in the basement, smoking her cigarettes as usual. My mom is addicted to that thing, and as much as I tell mom how bad it is for her lungs, she smokes about almost a pack a day, and it really irritates me. Since my dad is usually at work or drinking at the bar with his office buddies, he doesn’t have time to see how it’s affecting the air around the house. My mom got a job too, as a salesclerk at a store at the mall. However, since its Sunday, she don’t work on Saturday or Sunday and stays home to smoke or talk to her friends on the phone. Moreover, as for my siblings, they all up around the place, but it’s midnight now so they in there rooms probably still up, when they know mom is going to yell at them. Now you probably wondering why im still awake. Because I can’t sleep thinking about how sometimes, I wish I can change my life around. Now on with where we left off…