Chapter Three

Not edited! 

Today is the day that Lily and I are going to our college to get our timetables and schedules for our first year. I'm both excited and nervous. I know a total of 1 person at this college, and thats Lily.

"You look nervous", Lily observed from the drivers seat. 

I nodded. "Yeah, I am. I don't really know anyone, and I've never been the best at making friends."

"Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find friends no problem. You're super nice and sweet, anyone would be stupid to not want to be your friend", Lily said, patting me on the shoulder.

"Thanks", I said, lightly blushing.

"No problem", she said. "We're here now, so we just need to find the main office then we can get our schedules and see how many classes we have together."

"I really hope we have them all together. I don't want to start off College having classes with no one I know."

"Yeah, I know what you mean, I only know you and Matt here. Matt and I were friends a few years ago, but then he moved out here to California and I haven't seen him since. But he e-mailed me a few months ago saying his mom told him I was going to UCLA and so he e-mailed me saying he was going here too." 

"That sounds really awesome", I said, even though I was confused as to what they would become as soon as they were reunited. 

"It is really awesome. I can't wait to see him again, we were bestfriends." 

By now we had already reached the main office where we were supposed to get our schedules. There wasn't a long line because we had come a few minutes before time to pick them up had ended. We both said our names and the secretary handed us our schedules. Mine was English Literature, American History, and Psychology. I didn't have many classes cause you had a choice of how many you took and I chose the longer classes so I could take less.

"What do you got?", Lily asked. I handed her my schedule and she gave me hers. She had English Literature, Biology/Chemistry, Psychology, and Physics. 

"2 classes is better than none", I told her. 

Lily nodded. "Agreed."

"I'm glad my first class doesn't start till 10:30. At least I'll get to sleep in."

 "I know right! That's awesome. But my last class doesn't end until 4:00, which kinda sucks."

"My last class ends at 2:30, so I guess I'll get home before you", I told her.

"This is so exciting! Only 4 more days until our first day of college!"

"It is exciting", I agreed. "I'm also nervous."

Lily put her arm around my shoulder. "Well I'm in your first class so at least you won't have a bad start to your first day."

That's one of the things I liked about Lily. No matter what kind of situation we were in, she would always find the positive side to it. She could always find the bright side, and even if I'd only known her for a few days, I still hadn't heard her say anything negative. 

"Let's go get some ice cream", Lily said, pointing to an Ice Cream parlour in front of us. 

"What do you want? My treat", she said. 

"2 scoops of cookie dough ice cream in a cup."

"No way, that's my favourite!", she said to me. "We'll have two of what she said", Lily told the worker.

The worker nodded and came back a minute later with our ice cream. We both took them outside and sat on the grass to eat them since it was hot and sunny out.

"Mmm, this is so good!", I exclaimed. 

Lilly nodded in agreement. "You're right, it is! Best ice cream I've ever had. What are you gonna try next?"

"Hmm, probably a milkshake. What about you?"

"Same, a milkshake or a different flavour of ice cream."

"We should go back home, and pick up some supper on the way."

Lily nodded. "Sounds good. Pizza or Chinese food?"

"Pizza tonight, Chinese tomorrow?"

Lily grins. "I like the way you think, girly!" 

We both laugh and I throw my arm around her shoulder, pulling her towards me. I smell her shampoo and lotion, she smells like peaches and mangos. I took my arm off her shoulder as we get to her car and we both hop in and start driving to pick up our pizza. 

I'm really sorry that this took so long for me to upload! I kind of had writers block, plus I was really busy. 

So comment & vote! I wanna know what you guys think :)