Chapter 20

The rest of the day was gentle Turpin laid in bed with you and stroked your hair and your stomach until there was a knock at the door.

"I called a doctor" he said.

"What, why?" you asked.

"To see if you are with child" he said. "I will usher him up"

Your heartbeat wildly and you tapped your feet, scared for the outcome. The doctor came in and put his bag onto the bed. "Hello, my dear" he muttered. He started doing random tests and got out a strange box. "This might sting" he said and put the box on your skin. You yelped and after a short while, the box was taken. Your arm still bleed. Turpin frowned and put his handkerchief on your bleeding arm, sopping up the blood from the small cuts the box had made. The man put the box in the bag and brought out a magnifying glass, looking into your eyes. "Tell me, Judge Turpin, look into her eyes, do they look different?"

Turpin took the glass and looked into your eyes. He marvelled at the colours and the beauty of your eye. He frowned and handed it back "I am not sure" he said. The doctor nodded and took the magnifying glass back. "I will need a urine sample and I will go away and do tests" he said. You took the glass bottle he was waving in your face and you went into the bathroom.

"I am not sure" you heard the doctor say.

"You are not sure?" Turpin asked.

"It's exactly that, there is no sign, when was the first time you had sex?" he asked.

"I think three months ago" he muttered.

"And has she had morning sickness?"

"No" he muttered. "She claimed she was pregnant"

"Well many women do, it is trying to get attention" the doctor said. "Women are weak like that"

"Are they?" Turpin mused.

"I suggest if you want a child make sure that you follow the rules set out in the handbook" he said.

"Well we had sex earlier today" Turpin muttered.

"Then look out for morning sickness and call me back if that is the case" the doctor said. "If nothing happens it's her fault and I suggest if you wish for children, adopting from the local orphanage or finding a mistress."

"Well thank you for your advice doctor" Turpin muttered.

You walked out of the bathroom, having heard it all and handed the man the glass vial. "Thank you Ms" he said. "I will take my leave". Turpin showed the doctor out and you sighed. You had no idea what to do.

Turpin returned and frowned. "Do you wish for children?" you asked.

"I do" he murmured. "a boy I can teach all I know too" He kissed your head. "However if you do not it is fine" he muttered. "It means all my attention can be on loving you instead." He kissed your head and ran your fingers through your hair. "I wish nothing more than you to be happy" he said.

"Thank you" you mumbled and he took you up into his arms, kissing you gently.

"I have a promising assistant" he mumbled, placing you on the bed. "I am sure he would love to come to dinner."

"Sure" you said. "It would be nice to entertain someone"

"Quite, how about tomorrow my dear?" he asked.

"Tomorrow sounds wonderful" you mumbled.

Turpin smiled and checked where he had let blood. It had healed over now and he smiled, feeling where the little spines had gone into your arm. "I will let the kitchen staff know" he said and walked downstairs. You sighed and watched the rain as it still poured. You hated what the doctor said and you hopped that Turpin did not agree.

Turpin was thinking. He didn't want you in pain, he saw so many women who died in childbirth. He did not want that, but at the same time he wanted him as yours and having his child inside of you could achieve that. He sighed, it would come out soon enough what would happen. For now, you where his little one and he had to look after you.