The Last Mile: Introduction

Here he comes again. Stalking down the length of our cells. His polished boots clicking against the hard stone floor. His sword hilt is glittering in the candle light, making light dance on the filth-stained walls. His sheath rattling along the iron bars that are keeping us here. We all know why he is here. He only ever comes once every week or so. The same tireless expression on his face. Deciding our fate.

Call him God. Call him Death. Call him Devil. Call him what you like. Whatever you decide, whatever you think of him, your life is still held in his hands, and they are stained red. Repent for all your worth, pray for every precious moment you have left, call upon your protector to save you, but this man is not one of God, faith or compassion.

This is our retribution for our crimes. Whether or not you are truly guilty is irrelevant under his judgement.

This is life on The Last Mile.

================================================================================

Well, hey there! If I am fortunate enough to have a reader, I would like to ask you a slight favour. If you like where this story is going (I know it's a VERY short introduction, but please read on), then leave a comment below, or even PM me.

The basic setting is like a fantasy, action adventure sort of story aimed at higher age readers like teenagers, although anyone can read this if they can stomach it. It is set in another world, where a civil war has just torn a country, name pending, in half. It is set with the likes of swordsmen, archers and a couple of mages'. The roads ahead will be fraught with danger, including Bandits and wolf packs. It will probably become graphic, but I'm fairly positive that it won't go as far as offending anybody. Nearly everything will be Fiction, but there may be some references to things as they were in Britain and America many years ago.

Of course there is going to be a lot more to it than what I have put above. There is going to be a plot that will be fairly unique. There will be a main character, some secondary characters and maybe some different POV's (Point of View). This is a work in progress, and I am still gathering names for people/places. Much of my time at the moment is taken up with Homework and Christmas so this might well be a long, slow project, but we will have to see.

Thanks again for your patience to read through my dreary babble, I will see you around!

-Justix