Chapter 19 - Missing Swordsman (unedited)

19

                                     ♦♥♣♠♦♥♣♠♦♥♣♠♦♥♣♠♦♥♣♠♦♥♣♠

Morning came; Brad finally woke up without distraction. He put the ring into the deep socket of his sword, fire started to scatter along the sword and he sneaked out of the camp. He heard noises—noises which crumpled each leaves after he woke up. He followed the noises and left no note.

“Warlord, Brad’s gone.” George exclaimed, hurrying. He didn’t know where to go. The defender lost his mind and the ability to concentrate. “Where the hell is Brad?”

“He must be wandering somewhere, please. Let us sleep,” Warlord Stephor replied, scratching his head and hair. The warlord can’t handle the stubbornness of George and just won’t stop worrying at people. He lost his patience, enticing George to shut up. He finally woke up, couldn’t handle sleeping anymore because of the loud voice that George emitted. He wore his black leather tunic and leather boots, then, he grabbed his shiny, glazing flail that he considered as his best weapon.

“Wow, I never saw you hold that since you came here.” George’s excitement rose, almost choked himself. The defender seemed to be happy to see the flail then forgot that the swordsman Brad was gone. If he were right beside Brad, he wouldn’t be worrying anymore.

Warlord Stephor heaved a deep sigh of relief, stretching all of his body. Foolish it was; that George couldn’t stop muttering words that irritated the ear drums of the warlord. George was extraordinarily pathetic and had a trait being flibbertigibbet. George was getting goosy. Scary. Who would actually show suddenly his talkative mode without any topic indicated?

Where did Brad really go? George thought, He must be out the woods, I suppose, should be, because I know that he will wander around the woods rather than have a rest. Am I making any sense?

George and Warlord Stephor grabbed their weapons, the warlord held his flail and George, he didn’t want to use the shield, instead, he grabbed a mace but he kept his shield in case. Mace and flail could damage a lot to their opponents. They started to discover and wander the woods. And finally, they heard leaves being crushed. Smoke, they smelt. Fire, they saw in a finger.

“Wait, wait… Is that the…” Warlord Stephor hesitated, “Firefinger guy? It is. He is Fiery Firefinger.” Warlord Stephor added, smiling at George. Then finally Fiery went near them.

“Wow, you recognized me so quickly Stephor.” Firefinger replied and released his finger and fire started to spread in his fingers. “Long time no see, partner.”

“Partner—did you say anything about your partner—he is your partner? Where?” George interrupted the awkward conversation.

“Oh, you must be from the Larson’s.” Firefinger glanced at George, showing George his finger and the fire became blue. “Amazing, huh?”

“W-w-w-w-wait… How did you know me?” George replied, covering his knife behind his back if Firefinger were a killer and Stephor would join.

“Oh please, I know your parents. Willy and Numbia—they are my friends when I was young. They kept me company when I was alone. They gave me food when I had no money to buy. Everything has been from them. They’ve done it all for me.” Firefinger sighed, throwing embers of fire at George.

“What?” George replied, unleashing his shield and covering himself from the embers. “Are you a joke?”

“You know, you and your parents are really easy to trick. You are an idiot, like your mom, like your dad, your ancestors, your grandma, grandpa. Everyone in your relatives,” Firefinger opened his hand, creating an electric-fire combination blow. In few minutes, he threw the electric-fire ball.