26. Believe

I know a lot of you hoped for yandere Virgil, so there you go lol. However....

The ending may not be so happy.

TW: swearing, psycho Virgil, possessiveness, talk of blood/death/murder/etc.,

________________________

"I'm sorry,  can you say that again?" Janus asked. "I want to make sure I'm not hallucinating. I kind of think I'm hallucinating. Roman did you head him say-"

"Yep," Roman muttered. "We're hallucinating."

"Why would you be hallucinating?" Virgil asked. "You're what's mine. I thought that was a clear sentence. Or was it not clear?"

"It was clear," Roman said quickly, hearing the wide in Virgil's voice. "We're just.. confused."

"You're mine," Virgil said, leaving no room for argument. "Logan said something about two other yanderes... that's where all of the other bodies were coming from. I couldn't let them have you. You're mine."

"Oh," Janus said. "I think this is a giant misunderstanding. You see, we're the two other yanderes. There wasn't any reason to take us."

"There's no way you're both yanderes," Virgil said. "I don't believe you. In fact... it seems you just want me to let you go. My loves have tried to get me to let them go by lying to me. They all said they loved me, but they all tried to leave. I won't let you leave. I don't believe you."

"I literally killed three people," Roman muttered. "And this is what I get. Of course. Karma is a fucking bitch."

"Oh shush, darling," Virgil murmured. "You'll be fine. I won't hurt you. Unless, of course, you don't love me. I know you don't yet, but you will. And if you don't..." Virgil trailed off with an obvious glance at the knife in his hand. "Well... your bodies won't be recognizable if you don't."

"Virgil, just listen," Janus said. "We're both yanderes. And we both killed for you. Roman literally killed someone right before you kidnapped us. You had to have seen the body. Isn't that proof?"

"No," Virgil stated. "I won't be tricked. Not this time. You're mine, so you'll stay here until you love me."

"But we already do!" Roman protested. "For heavens sake, open your eyes! Why do you think I rejected Patton so harshly the first time? I didn't like him! I didn't want to go out with him! I wanted you and Janus, not anyone else. Please believe us." Virgil's eyes flickered for a second before he shook his head and got up.

"I won't be tricked," Virgil said quietly. "I'm not letting you go."

~

"What are we going to do?" Roman asked quietly. Virgil had left them alone awhile ago after giving them food and water. "He doesn't believe us."

"I don't know," Janus whispered. "I'm not sure there's a way to convince him we're telling the truth. I've never had to actually convince someone like a yandere before. I didn't exactly practice convincing speeches for moments like this."

"I get that he's scared," Roman said. "He doesn't want to be rejected again. Still.. I wish he would listen. I can't believe that he's a yandere. God fucking damn it Logan."

"Wait a second," Janus muttered. "I'm punching Logan when we get out of here. He knew who all of us liked the entire time. He said nothing about this."

"Would you have even believed him if he told you?" Roman asked. "I don't think I would've. I'm mad he didn't say anything, but I don't think I would've trusted him. That's too convenient, you know? It'd feel more like he was trying to trick us than help."

"I guess you're right," Janus said. "I wonder if he's noticed were gone yet."

"Knowing him and Remus, they've noticed by now."

~

"Can't you just tell me who it is?" Remus asked. "I'm dying of curiosity. We need to get Roman and Janus back before something happens to them."

"I know, but since they didn't let us into the crime scene there's nothing for sure about anything," Logan said with a small sigh. "I won't know for sure until I see them. I'll know immediately if they've been set off, and if they have..."

"Then we know who did it," Remus finished. "So there's no way you'll tell me unless you know for sure?"

"Not in the slightest."

716 words.