- letter 01 | [ unidentified ] -

It is a tough world out there, you know? And if there's one thing I am beyond proud of achieving in this decievingly difficult world, it's you

The very first thing that you did when I picked you up was try to hold my right thumb. I still remember so clearly, as if it were yesterday, that your eyes opened and took in the powerful light of the universe, blinked a few times before deciding to go back to sleep unbothered.

I knew that very second you were going to be a firecracker.

When you were a little older, I'd taken you to your first ballet classes. I couldn't help but smile when you came back with the teacher complaining that you'd pulled a girl's hair out. Later on you told me that she was picking on you.

That was the day when a flicker of hope entered me that you were perhaps going to be the one to rip the cotton from people's eyes.

And how right I was.

Ever since then, you became my warrior and me your commander.

Despite the fact that  I hardly share the same ounce of vigour as the title that you had named me with, you fit the role of a warrior perfectly. My, are you a warrior. In all aspects. A black belt at such a young age ? I'm certainly not surprised. You carry a bundle of gifts that make you so special and always will.

I bet you're wondering why I'm reminding you of all these things and with that, I'm afraid I must put the memories aside for a moment.

I know how confused you must be right now so I'd like to first console you that everything will be alright. Faith is never given enough credit. I don't see much point in not telling the truth to you because I know that the one thing the pair of us are not is liars.

My heart has sunk every single time you noticed what was going on. You weren't oblivious. I was certain that you understood every little thing that was happening and still as I write this, I feel shame at not having the same courage that cascades in your blood.

It's rather hypocritical, is it not? After all I've ever told you, the idea of me simply giving up.

If it was during the day when things went south, you'd pull me outside and excitedly show me what new karate moves you'd learnt. Within minutes you'd have me laughing again and have reminded me that everything is alright.

If it was evening, when I'd go to your room after everybody had left, I'd see you scramble to turn off the lights and pretend you were asleep. I used to wonder why you never asked me about it but as you grew up, I realised.

You wanted to save me the pain of answering and a part of me now is thankful that you never did question me. Simply because I don't have the faintest idea of what I would have said.

I'd like to apologise and before you go to stop me, let me explain. I have two things to ask for forgiveness for.

My warrior, I must apologise for leaving, although I must have you understand that I am not truely leaving you. Our bond will never be broken and you already know that. I could never leave you. You reside within my heart and myself in yours and no power could ever change that. Love can never truely vanish.

Secondly, I'd like to apologise on behalf of the world and all those blindfolded eyes that fail to see the heart of a person, too obsessed with ridiculous self made constrictions. For all those people that are still stuck in narrow-minded and absurd methods of thinking.

I pity them for the beauty that they are not blessed to see and the damage they are unknowingly doing to not only another person, but their self.

If there's one thing I'm certain upon is that my little warrior has the strength that roars in the pupils her eyes. I've always wanted to protect you from all the faults of this world and I'm so sorry that I couldn't do that.

I sincerely hope that my love has taught you enough and compensated even slightly for the raw deal you have been given.

At least now, you'll hopefully see less of the shallow two-toned nature of man.

Don't ever let anybody dull that flame in your eyes. Don't let anyone put you through what I went through as I'm undoubtedly certain you will not. Don't let anyone belittle you with the mere excuse of colour.

My angel, I am sorry that I was not strong enough for you but please be strong enough for me.

I will always be here to talk or simply listen for we both know that hearts communicates in ways that words could not dream of.

I know we don't know much about the context of this letter but any immediate thoughts on it? Thanks for reading! Next update will be soon (:KiwiAndKoalas x

Thanks for reading! Next update will be soon (:
KiwiAndKoalas x

♥ 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫! ♥