Confess

“I…um…Thanks for coming to get me,” John told Sherlock sheepishly as Sherlock handed him some tea.
“It was clear that your kidnapping was a direct link to us, so it was our duty to ‘rescue’ you.”
“Well…yeah, but still. Thanks.”
Sherlock gave a nod. “You’re welcome.”
There was an awkward silence.
“I…um…”
Sherlock leant forward suddenly, gazing into John’s eyes. “What do you think of me?”
“I-what?”
“What do you think of me?” he repeated, emphasising each word.
“Did Avery say something again?”
“Hmm, no,” Sherlock said, tilting his head this way and that, trying to gauge John’s reaction. “Just interested.”
John blushed. “Well, we’re friends, aren’t we?”
“Hmm.”
“Why….what do you feel?”
“I’m not sure.” There was no hesitation in his voice. It was a fact and he was stating it.
“I, uh.”
And then, once again, John was kissed unexpectedly by a Holmes.
Sherlock’s kiss was different to his sister’s. Colder, but somehow more passionate.
John’s blush deepened as Sherlock pulled away. “I…um…”
There was a laugh from the doorway. “I knew it.”
John blushed and pulled away. Sherlock stayed where he was however, not taking his eyes of John.
“I do believe you were right,” Sherlock said with a hint of annoyance.
Avery grinned. “Aren’t I always? I feel that now is the time to say that I wasn’t at all serious when I asked John out, it was simply a ploy to get you jealous.”
“I suspected as much.”
“Hey, wait!” John said. “You can’t do that.”
“Hmm.”
“Do you want to date Sherlock or not?” Avery asked.
John didn’t reply. Getting interrogated by the Holmes…especially when he wasn’t sure of his own feelings, wasn’t fun at all. Avery laughed again.
“Well?” Sherlock asked.
John blushed. “I…I guess it’s worth a try?”
Avery laughed. “See you guys tomorrow then.”
“Tomorrow,” Sherlock echoed with a hint of a smile.