Chapter 8

Sarah's POV

The next morning the three of us woke up, it was Saturday. I turn around to check the time, 8:00 AM.

"So. Bloody. Early." I hear Mel groan.

"Come on guys, get out of bed. We have to go get breakfast," Hermione said as she came into our dorm.

"How- Why- You know what? I don't even care why she's in such a good mood," Mel lays back down.

"Come on, we should really get up. George and Fred are probably waiting for us to head to breakfast with them." I walk to my dresser and take a red sweater and black jeans out of it.

"Fred?" she jumps back up and quickly gets dressed. I laugh at her reaction. "What? Like you don't want to see George right now."

"I just don't want it to be weird after last night," I shrug and put on my socks and shoes.

"You'll be fine, I promise," I nod at what she says and we both head down. The twins waiting for us in the couches in front of the fireplace.

"Morning boys," Mel smiles. The twins stand up and say good morning. The four of us make our way to the Great Hall.

It feels different to be around George now, we haven't said anything to each other since we've gone to the Great Hall. I could tell we both didn't really know what to do or say after last night. It was awkward.

I just wanted to tell him how much I actually like him and how much I've liked him since the first time we met three months ago. How annoyed I am Fred came between us last night. How I really do want to kiss him. But I couldn't, not only because it would probably ruin everything more than it already is but because I know he doesn't feel the same.

I sit next to Fred for breakfast. I didn't talk to George at all, but I saw Mel did. I was just having conversations with Fred. I've never had conversations like this with him, he whispered about how much he liked Mel and how he would do literally anything to call her his girlfriend. Fred was really funny and nice and I couldn't imagine someone being a better match for him than Mel.

I laughed as Fred said something about Mel again, that's when George left.

"Go after him, Sarah. He hasn't been acting normal since I barged in last night."

I nod at Fred and leave the Great Hall looking for George. That's when I see him with Katie. I hide behind the wall and listen to their conversation.

"Weren't you going to the ball with Wolfie?"

"Well something got in between it and I don't have a date anymore, so what do you say? Join me?"

"Sure, George!"

We've had a good friendship ever since we met but I knew I wanted more. I loved all his features, his hazel eyes, his ginger locks, that goofy personality, but I guess he will never feel the same way. Even though we've had great fun and amazing days filled with memories here I was crying, looking at the man who just broke my heart in a million pieces.

"Sarah..."

I turn around and run to the astronomy tower. Not too long after I hear footsteps behind me.

George's POV

I didn't know what was bothering Sarah, she seemed fine with Fred and left me to go to the ball with him and I thought she would want me to be happy.

"What's the matter?" I ask her, standing next to her.

"Seriously? What's the matter? How about you just dumped me to go to the ball with Katie!"

"Well you did the same to me!"

"I didn't!"

"Even if you didn't, why do you care?"

She bites her lip and looks at me, her eyes filled with tears.

"Talk to me Sarah! Why does it matter to you!"

She lowered her voice, "Do you really want to know?"

I look at her and clench my jaw, "Yes! Tell me Sarah, why does it matter to you!"

"You know what? No, I'm not telling you. If you even paid a little bit of attention you would know! Screw you Weasley!"

I look at her with saddened eyes, and watch as she walks away, "I'll see you at the party or something Weasley."

Sarah's POV

I storm to the common room, I check the clock as I walk past it. I hadn't even noticed it had gotten so late. I enter the common room and see everyone staring at me. "What are you guys looking at? Let's get this party started shall we?"

The crowd cheers and the music turns on. I wanted to forget about George and just let loose for a second.

I see him enter the common room and just ignore it. I continue dancing with Mel, Hermione, Ron and Fred.

The party ended around 3:00 AM. The night consisted of him trying to talk to me, me ignoring him. Him looking at me, me ignoring him.

Fred, Hermione, Mel, Harry, Ron, Ginny, George and I were the only ones left in the common room. We sat down on the couch talking.

"I actually have to tell you guys something..." Mel said, catching all of our attentions.

"What's wrong Mel?" Fred asks.

"Well I've known this for a while but I feel like I should tell you guys now."

"Mel, you're scaring me... what's wrong?" I asked, grabbing her hand.

"Well I'm actually non-binary, meaning I go by the pronouns she/they..." they looked down scared for our reaction.

"I'm really happy for you Mel," I said as first.

"I'm so happy you told us this, love," Fred said next.

We all turn our head to Fred, "Love?" George asked.

"What? You call Sarah tha-" I look at him before he could finish his sentence, "Nevermind actually."

Mel laughed a little, "Thank you, this means a lot to me," they said.

"Of course, you're our best friend. What did you expect?" Hermione asked.

"Most people usually don't understand I guess," they shrugged.

"Well we do, and we're glad you told us," George told them.