Chapter 10

Continued~

WARNING!

An emotional chapter ahead!
May trigger some readers.
Read at your own risk.

***

After finally reaching the balcony I called out for suzy-ah who was leaning against the barrier.

Her open hair flying and dancing with the cold wind hitting her face, bringing in the scent of forest. The leaves, the smell of wet soil and the water noises of the stream at some steps away.

(A/N): Just imagine that their dorms are near forest area, a little far from the main city.

I closed my eyes and stood beside my dear friend, trying to sense what the wind brought for me.

-Flashback-

It brought me the first moments of my life when I first met Suzy. A bright little girl with big dreams floating in her cute yet steady grey eyes.

The first "Hello. I am Suzy. Lee Suzy! Will you be my friend?" With her arm streched infront of my chest and her glowing face with a wide grin on it.

I returned a weak smile and mouthed a 'yes' to the shining girl in front of my dull self.

It was the orphanage where our bonding started.

I was all alone.

It was when this girl jumped in front of me and took me by my arm and made a new version of myself as if she was some fairy god mother and I, the Cinderella.

I always appreciate her to do so and because of that I became the me, I am now.

I looked at her and gave a weak smile representing the one I gave when we first met. She smiled back. Reflecting the Suzy she was, that bright child who unknowingly saved me.

From that day I had a friend.

A friend who stayed by my side all along and gave me support wherever needed. Gradually, I stared looking forward to her, her coming and taking me away from the dead world I was living in and that day came. It was when suzy-ah introduced me to Unni Yoo.

I saw a different world in Unni Yoo's eyes. Just like mine they had sadness and were searching for peace and love that was found in the orphanage.

She came to the orphanage every Sunday and took special care for me, maybe cause she too saw what I saw in her.

We both bonded over weeks, months and gradually she asked me if I was fine if she adopts me on my thirteenth birthday.

I- Not to exaggerate, felt as if I was on top of the world. I needed nothing more that the simple yet important emotion, Love.

And after finding that, I needed nothing more. It was all that I needed as a orphan child. As a child that was left by their biological parents for what-so-ever reason.

I never blamed them. My biological parents. It never crossed my mind that they were wrong. I don't know, maybe I was too focused to find love that I couldn't think about people who weren't able to satisfy that.

I came together with Unni Yoo and she made me comfortable at her place.

She lived alone. Why?

Cause' her dream was to become Korea's best female rider and to accomplish that she needed support, which unfortunately was not provided by her family so she left them.