XX. Sonic the Hedgehog

"What happened?" Raven asked, catching Robin in a creepy black aura.

"Black... Fire..." I panted. I was still in her arms with my head resting on her shoulder, but for once, she didn't give off a spooky evil vibe. She seemed sincerely worried.

"I need to know what happened." She repeated.

I took a few seconds to catch my breath. "Help Robin."

"That's completely unhelpful." She looked outside the halls to see if anyone was there, then brought Robin and me into her room and shut the door.

Boy, was it weird.

It wasn't just the double or triple vision, either. There was a circle in the middle where she had a bunch of candles and a book. Otherwise, scrolls and older books were scattered across the dark room. Her bed was across the room from the door.

She set Robin in the Circle of Spookiness, and put me on the bed. "How did this happen?" She asked one more time.

"In my room in a drawer..." I rubbed my arms. "Is what Blackfire used."

"To stab Robin?" Raven asked. "How did you get afflicted?"

"I pulled it out of him." I showed her my thumb. She hadn't noticed the black spots before apparently, and she looked at them fiercely.

"That was stupid." She replied.

"Thanks." I said. "My vision's fading. Whatever you're going to do, do it fast."

She lowered her eyebrows as if she didn't like how I had talked to her. Then she touched my arm, doing whatever she... was doing.

Suddenly, though, she gasped and pulled back. She looked as if she had seen something frightening, which, seeing as it was my arm, I kind of hoped wasn't the case. "What happened?" I asked.

"Something... Strange." She said. She turned and looked at Robin. "You're going to have to help me save him."

"Yeah, uh, how?"

"Dangerously." She replied. I saw the tiniest glimpse of a smile.

"I'd almost rather cut off my arm." I rubbed the sweat off my head.

"Well, it could save you, too." Raven replied.

"Then what are we waiting for?" I slowly sat up, holding my head as a wave of dizziness came over me. "What do I need to do?"

She finally turned from Robin and looked into my eyes. "First of all, stay awake. If you black out, you both die."

"Why do you need me, anyway?"

"Trust me. You'll know when you see it." She grabbed one of my arms and wrapped it around her neck, dragging me to the circle of candles. She sat me across from Robin, then sat perpendicular to both of us. "Again, you have to stay awake. If you feel your vision get dark, just take a deep breath."

"You're creeping me out." I yawned. She looked at me sharply. "It was just a yawn! I'm still slightly awake!"

She took a deep breath in. "You're going to feel a little pain in your head..."

I blinked. The candles changed from a nice orange flame to a piercing blue blaze. "Wait, what?"

"Just to let you know..." Her eyes were closed as if she were concentrating on something. "I've only tried this a couple of times."

Before I could freak out anymore, I felt the 'little pain' in my head. It was as if I had been stabbed clean through my temples. I cried out and grabbed my head, shutting my eyes. "What did you do?!" I shouted.