ₜₕₑ ₘₑₘₒᵣᵢₑ

It was 04:04 am when Geralt woke up.

- Nobody deserves this shit.- He growls quitely, rubbing his tired face.

He had known about his insomnia for years, but he never thought it would reach such an extreme point. Geralt had the hunt as a breadwinner, of course, apart from Yen's high nobility job as the king's advisor, but all he wanted less was to feel like a burden. With so many sleepless nights, his psychology was driving him crazy, which, in the future, he knew would prejudice him immensely in his work, which required a lot of concentration from all his senses. Even Ciri has noticed his pitiful state, which has always tried to keep him happy ever since, playing with him in the garden or simply talking about common interests, trying to find the extreme point.

Geralt, after lying in bed for another 10 minutes, gives up trying going back to sleep and, taking a quick look at Yennefer, who was sleeping peacefully beside him, decides to get up, walking out of the room. He walks calmly to the veranda located in the middle of the corridor, opens the window and sits in a rocking chair.

He was buried in his thoughts, wondering every second - Where did I go wrong?

He had an incredible and beautiful partner, a wonderful protégé who looked just like him, his horse and a cozy home. But something was missing, something that he knew had affected him in a certain way he never wanted to admit. Since that day. It was that damn day when a certain bard decided to show his selfish side.

- - - - - - - - - - - - »𝐿𝑒 𝐹𝓁𝒶𝓈𝒽𝒷𝒶𝒸𝓀:

- Geralt, why do you insist on believing in that woman more than in me ?!

- I don't owe you any fucking explanation! It was you that decide to stick with me all this time, and now you want to question my decisions !?

- AH !? Sorry if I'm just trying to get you out of a future fucking disappointment!

-Don't fucking refer to my family like that!

-. . .

- So, you're going to leave me alone to be with them..?

-Don't be so dramatic, you knew this whole time that I can't have "friends".

-Can't have friends but can have a family.- Jaskier mumbles to himself- Whatever witcher, do what you think is right, I don't care anyways..

:𝐸𝓃𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝐿𝑒 𝐹𝓁𝒶𝓈𝒽𝒷𝒶𝒸𝓀 «- - - - - - - - - - - -

-Geralt, are you okay?

Geralt looks up quickly to Yennefer, still a little stunned, and nods slightly, giving a small smile.

«Why am I feeling...

hurt..?»