Memories on the Road (Part 2)

It was the last day of the trip, we had just got back from a five-star hotel which compared quite well to the recent night we just had. Hehe. We climbed into the car, Annabeth was still admiring it, it made me wonder if Architecture covered this, if so.... We'll we might have a new car. Anyways, I slowly applied the accelerator, and the car took off, almost literally. Annabeth laughed, not before hitting me on the arm. "Irresponsible" apparently. We chatted about important topics, such as her beating me in most grades apart from Marine Biology, which I obviously scored high one but she apparently did pretty well, an A which was slightly annoying and showcased I couldn't even beat her in my home ground. Cruising along, we finally joined the highway - we were ready for anything. Annabeth looked out of the window in awe

"Wow, its so beautiful isn't it?." 

"See, It IS beautiful but not as gorgeous as you though." Ahh, romance. She shook her head but I could see a small smile creep up onto her tanned face. The car gripped amazingly too the wall, each turn better than the last as it effortlessly glided along. The roar of the engine sounded like a fighter jet. Due to the car being a convertable, I let the roof slide of. Annabeth turned up the radio. Her hair flew in the wind and she started laughing, it was contagious so I started to. 'I need your love' was playing. The dark blue glow of the sea illuminated the car, the waves gently snaked over the sand whilst more destructive waves battered the rocks, creating a roar. To be honest it was perfect, I had everything I needed here: Annabeth, the sea, the open road and not to forget a hyper sports car. The Lamborghini shot past moon-lit beaches, with the odd couple or soon-to-be-married couples. One of them was different, as it obviously went wrong when the girl just ran away, leaving the guy heartbroken, it gave me a bit of unease but I knew Annabeth would say yes.. right?.

We pulled up at the cove, my growing unease clouded my mind. Climbing out of the car, I observed the scene, there was a rock in the centre of the inlet, no one could be heard around. We were somewhere in Oregon, is all I knew. Annabeth looked at me, as I opened her door then holding her hand. I was wearing blue washed jeans with a white sweatshirt, she wore a short skirt with a Nike tank top thrown on.

"Such a gentlemen." She teased

"You know, you love it." We stopped at the shore line, suddenly I pulled her into the water. She shrieked in surprise. We surfaced, and I kissed her. Soon, she was in a two-piece and I was in some swimming shorts, with no top one. We stopped there and I dragged her onto the rock. Together, we stared out to sea

"Its beautiful isn't it." 

"Not as beautiful as you though." I turned her around, taking her hands in mine. Slowly I got down on one knee. She gasped

"Annabeth Chase, you've stolen my heart, virginity and most of my hoodies and I want to show you something I've always wanted to show you!." I displayed a diamond ring with the words 'Wise Girl and Seaweed Brain'. engraved into it.

"Annabeth Chase, will you marry me?." Her hair was dripping wet and was long and straight down her back, she put a hand over her mouth and jumped excitedly.

Yes...YES,YESSSSSS!." I grinned, as I slipped the ring onto its rightful place on her finger. She brought one of her legs up and with the moon just above the dark blue ocean, she leaned down to kiss me.

I had made some excellent Memories on the Road.

A/N:  I have also started a new book labelled: A Demigods Deployment. Where Percy joins the SAS on a deployment, and its how Annabeth reacts and their family. Some of the characters are different in terms of names. It would mean the world If you, my lovely readers to go and check it out! 

Peace out!😄

30/1/21