009

It had already been a few days since they broke up and Hongjoong really couldn't pull himself together, he stayed at home for a week before he returned to Seoul, but even then he couldn't understand it, why would Taehwan just leave him? It was confusing, it was suffocating, it gave him headaches, trying to understand it was hard.

They were fine the day before it, everything was great, sure it was a little awkward because of his parents but when they were alone they were themselves, everything was going okay so what made Taehwan decide to end it just like that? What did he do wrong?

In the end, he missed a lot of his classes and he asked Seonghwa to collect his assignments since he couldn't get himself to get out of bed.

For Seonghwa he was worried, who wouldn't be, he knew Hongjoong, the boy wouldn't just not come to class, even when he was sick he still went to class, so what would happen that he wouldn't even show up? Why did his friend sound so broken on the phone, what exactly happened?

When he went to pick up Hongjoong's homework he got stopped by one of Hongjoong's professors.

"Seonghwa right? You're friends with Hongjoong correct?" the professor asked the boy.

"Yes, Hongjoong asked me to collect his assignments, he hasn't been feeling well lately, '' Seonghwa explained to the professor, hoping his friend wasn't in too much trouble.

"Hmm I heard, I'm old friends with Hongjoong's father, he went home right? His father called me when he missed the first week, he said Hongjoong looked really sick, but the doctor couldn't find that he was sick at all, but he also told me that they were celebrating someone's birthday and apparently the two knew one another for a long time, apparently, Taehwan- the guy's birthday they were celebrating left in a hurry after they went on a walk and Hongjoong came home looking like someone ripped his heart out" The professor explained.

"Wait Taehwan?" Seonghwa asked a little confused, he knew something was going on between them but Hongjoong did keep his relationship a secret but Seonghwa knew him for a long time so he picked up on it almost immediately.

"Yeah his name's Taehwan, his father thinks that Hongjoong might've confessed and he got rejected or something like that, he isn't really sure but he said he thinks Hongjoong needed his friends for the time being, but I didn't really know who he was close to so I didn't know who to speak to," The professor said as he collected some notes and assignments.

"Here I copied all the notes for him and here are the assignments, tell him he has as much time as he needs to complete these, and to not rush things" Seonghwa nodded a little and left the classroom.

"Did they... did they break up?" Seonghwa asked himself as he walked.

He was unsure at first but when he got to Hongjoong's apartment and saw the state the boy was in he was sure of it, something was up and he knew for a fact that Hongjoong wouldn't talk about it, the boy liked dealing with everything himself even the worst of pain, so he only had one option... Taehwan.

He stayed at Hongjoong's until the boy fell asleep after crying for a while and he took the boy's phone, he scrolled through trying to find Taehwan's number somehow he ended up in Hongjoong and Taehwan's messages.

"Hyung please, why? Tell me why?"

"Sorry Joong-ah it's dangerous, too dangerous, I love you but please understand"

Those were the only messages in the chat, Seonghwa looked over to Hongjoong's sleeping figure and frowned a little.

"So they did break up" he mumbled, he quickly copied Taehwan's number and covered his friend with the blankets, he turned off the lights and left his apartment, he immediately called Taehwan's number without hesitation.