7.

*****

*****

"He's completely swept you off your feet, hasn't he?" Anto laughed through the speaker, Leo couldn't help but smile bashfully. His heart felt like it was beating a million miles a minute as he thought more on Cristiano and the fact that they made up. Still though, he felt like he needed to keep his mind out of the gutter. He was never one to rush into relationships in the past and he certainly wasn't about to now... Even though he really liked Cris.

He bit his lip and sighed before replying, "No, my feet are still firmly on the ground-"

"Then why are you blushing?" That only made Leo blush more, he scoffed in disbelief. How did she know?

"I am not blushi-"

"Yes you are!" She laughed even harder, "I know I can't see your face right now but I can already tell you're red in the face and I bet you're biting back a smile. I know you well enough Leo."

"You know me too well if I'm being honest," he hummed, turning the wheel right as he pulled into his garage. "I just got home, so I'll call you later?"

"Yeah sure, anytime is fine."

He wished her a goodnight and hung up, his face was still hot from his earlier interrogation that Anto gave him. Apparently Cris had gone and made yet another post about Leo, their fans were making a big deal out of this post specifically because a certain big name brand had gone and commented on it. Leo wasn't entirely sure what the post was as he had a busy day and wasn't able to get onto his phone right away. He was excited to see it though, he always was.

*****

Not even 10 minutes into his bath, his phone began to ring. He huffed in mild annoyance, blearily opening his eyes from the calm nap he was slipping into. His right hand reached out and grabbed the noisy phone off the towel next to him. Not bothering to check the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"So did you talk to Cristiano yet?"

He couldn't stop the groan from leaving his mouth, his mind still waking up from his slumber. "Is this all you wanted to talk about?" He yawned and stretched, rolling his head in a circle, hearing a satisfying pop.

"Oh come on Leo, you've seen his post right? His stories as well?"

"What? No, I just got in the tub. I haven't even checked my phone yet," he pouted and pulled the phone away from his ear, setting it on speaker so he could still hear her.

"Go check them and call me back."

"I could just check them now you know," Leo hummed and immediately opened Instagram. The first post that popped up was from Cris. It made Leo's heart flutter, just seeing his own face on Cris' instagram again made him stupidly happy.

"Call me after you talk to him."

"Wait-"

"Love you!" With that the line went dead and Leo rolled his eyes. Wondering what she sounded so excited about, he clicked to see Cris' story and the blue background was the first thing he saw. His eyes slid over the lines of today's quote and for a second he was confused, he wasn't sure what was so exciting about it. Then as he pressed to see the next one, his heart felt like it did a flip.

but then i fooled around and fell in love @leomessi

*****

Cristiano kept watching his story over and over, reading the quotes. He wondered if maybe it was too upfront and a tad too much, like maybe he was being proper cheesy here. They were just song lyrics though, and it seemed to fit the current situation well. He argued back and forth with himself for another couple minutes before ultimately deciding that maybe he'd just been overreacting. They were only song lyrics and it was no different from any other post or quote he'd tagged Leo in in the past.

Deciding to just go with it, he went on with his nightly routine. He didn't to bother to check his phone as he made himself a cup of tea and slipped into bed. He was just about to set his cup onto the side table when his phone pinged with a new text message. That was surprising, seeing as it was the middle of the night. He grabbed it and swiped to see the message, his breath stopped momentarily as he read the contact name.

From: Leo

"Free on my own that's the way I used to be. But since I met you baby, love's got a hold on me." I never thought you listened to this kind of music, it's not really what I normally listen to either but it's a pretty good song. The lyrics are beautiful.

Cristiano couldn't even fathom what was happening, his fingers felt like they were frozen. Unable to type a response back.

From: Leo

I am pretty tired though, so text me soon? Or call me? Whatever you choose is fine with me. :)

If Cristiano let out an embarrassingly high squeal of delight, no one had to know.