{22}Mistakes

¿Chapter 22?
Mistakes

10:30pm that same night

   Enrique looked at his watch before returning his eyes to the road. He was going over the given speed limit to get home to Melania. He was just starting to notice how much of a danger he was to Melania, and if he's not careful, he just might lose her.

   As he drove on the highway, he noticed four white cars without license plates. The cars began to close in on him, blocking all  forms of exit from in front, behind and at both sides.
He sucked his teeth as he reached into the glove department for his gun, winding down the window beside him and stuck his head and arm out, aiming for the driver.

  He fired three shots, two of them hitting the driver. The car swerved over the rail and an explosion was heard soon after. He reversed so he could see the other three that lined off the highway. He quickly reloaded and went through the sunroof while keeping his foot on the wheel.
He shot the tires of the right car, it swerved into the one in the middle and cornered the car on the left.
He parked the car and approached the three crashed cars. One of them were dead and two survived.
"Get out!" Enrique demanded.
They carefully stepped out the cars and went on the ground with their hands in the air. White suits. It only means one thing.
"What did Cain send you for?"
"Please promise to spare us." One of them pleaded.
"I can't guarantee sparing you after what you're gonna say. So?"
"He wants the girl, we were sent to hold you off while the go get her. I'm not sure if they have her, so you have time."
Despite the anger that was on an all-time high inside him, he nodded. "Get the fuck out of my sight." He said.

"Thank you." They both got up and ran in the opposite direction. He shot them both in the back and rushed his way to Melania. He drove away from the carnage and drove straight into the dark pits of hell.

?•¿•?•¿

    She was still supposed to be at home, at least he thought so since his tracker showed she was at the apartment.
He parked the car and practically flew up the stairs and got inside, the living area didn't look any different and the television was still running. Now that was odd.
"Melania?" He called as he went to the front to examine the door for a forced entry. There was nothing.

Bedroom? Empty.

Bathroom? Empty.

Kitchen? Empty.

"Fuck!" He cussed as he threw a glass cup across the room.
He heard her phone ring, he grabbed it from the coffee table and answered.
"Enrique, how's life?" Cain said, as though he was catching up with an old friend.
"Where the fuck is she, Cain?!"
"You better mind your manners if you want to talk to her."
"E-Enrique?"
"Melania! You okay?"
"Yes, for now.. Please hurry."
"I will, just hang in there–" The call ended.
"Fuck!"

?•¿•?•¿