| eleven |

Chapter.11

═══ ∘ᵒ∘ 𓅔 ∘ᵒ∘ ═══

"Hold on Lucious," Charlotte told her impatient child who wanted apple juice. She gave the biggest smile she could give Aubrey when she saw him on the other side of her glass front door.

"Hi," She breathed out as she opened the door for him. "Hey baby," He greeted Charlotte before he wrapped his arms around her for a hug. He loosened his hold on her so he could lean down and plant a kiss on her lips.

"I got you a little gift," Drake told Charlotte as he showed her the bottle of 1942 Don Julio Tequila that was in his hand. Charlotte felt a wave of relief wash over her. It had been a stressful day with Lucious and she her alcohol cabinet was completely empty. "My savior," Charlotte thanked him. Aubrey chuckled at how bright her eyes sparkled while looking at the bottle.

"Momma, I want apple juice," Lucious whined as he ran around the corner from the dining room. When Lucious saw Drake standing in their entryway, he stopped running.

Charlotte chuckled at her child's reaction to Aubrey. "Bubs' you remember Drake right?" She crouched down to her child's height. Lucious still looked at her like he was stunned and confused. "Remember, we visited him and daddy at their music video. He was the one who danced funny." She talked about Drake and Chris's No Guidance music video.

Lucious sat in his thoughts for a moment before he remembered Drake and calmed down
"There it is," Drake grinned at the three year old.

"Say hi," Charlotte softly told Lucious. Lucious slowly raised his hand and gave Drake a small wave, "Hi."

A full smile spread across Drake's face, "Hey, little man." Charlotte stood up from crouching and asked Lucious, "Drake can chill with us today right?"

Lucious nodded his head quietly. Charlotte looked over at Drake, "He's a man of many words," she joked with him.

"Ah, it's good," Drake waved it off. The three started to make their way down the main hallway towards the kitchen and family room. "Adonis don't talk to much either, especially around strangers."

"Oh," Charlotte looked over her shoulder to see Aubrey walking behind her, "Give Luc' ten minutes to get used to you. He'll be talking your ear off."

They had gotten to the kitchen and Charlotte opened the refrigerator to get the jug of apple juice. "He'll probably ask you about your chain," Charlotte pointed at the Cuban link chain around Aubrey's neck.

Drake looked pleasantly surprised, "Little man got taste in jewelry?" He smiled down at Lucious, who was standing next to him.

Lucious sheepishly nodded up at him. "Bubs' want to show Drake the chain Auntie Stassie got you?" Charlotte asked. Anastasia gave Lucious a 'early birthday' gift before they left for Chicago. She just wanted to spoil Lucious so he could finally remember who she was.

"Yea!" Lucious all of a sudden got really excited. "It's on your dresser in your room," Charlotte told her son. Lucious took off running to the other side of his home to get his chain.

Drake laughed at the sight of Lucious running all the way down the hallway. "He's a cute kid," Drake turned towards Charlotte as she put Lucious's apple juice down on the counter for when he came back.