🔥3🔥

||****||

"Hello, I'm home!" Gabriel announced nonchalantly as he strolled in.

"Hey, Gabby dear, how was school today?" Julie asked from the kitchen.

Seven years has passed yet, Julie hasn't earned the right to get familiar with Gabriel. She however, tries to be a good mother to him.

"Never, i mean, never call me that again." Gab warned. "And where is my dad?" he asked a little upset.

"He is in his room. Julie answered, pretending not to be hurt by his responds.

Gab walk past her and went into his father's room.

(Knocking on his father's room door)

"Come in," his father said. And just when Gabriel opened the door and walked in, he offered "Sit son, sup? You look stressed. Don't tell me it'cuz of April again."

Gab found his dad sorting papers on the small wooden desk beside the wall.

"Yes dad, it's because of her." He deadpanned.

"But I thought you planned on breaking up." Paul asked, wondering.

"Yes dad I planned to but I haven't found a good time to tell her yet. She's all about planning on what to wear to Mr. O'Donnell's party and you know Jason is hosting a separate Cleavon High party and the rules is simple every one with a date," he said demonstratively. "And if I dare call it quite now, April will lose it and I don't want that for her." Gab concluded.

"Hmmm." Paul sighed. He stopped a while with what he was doing, searching his son's eyes with both hands on his hip. He voiced "Are you sure that is the reason you are not breaking up with her?"

"I don't understand dad." Gab said confused.

"Are you sure it's because she wouldn't find a date before then or you don't want to end up going to the party alone? I mean," Paul continued. "What if you breakup with her and she ends up finding a date before then, what's going to happen? Son I want you to be happy if truly you want to leave April, leave her already and don't convince yourself with excuses that are not worth it, ok?"

"Yes dad, thanks." Gab replied, gratefully. Just as he was about to stand up, his father stole his attention.

"Gabriel" Paul called. "I will be going on a business trip tomorrow and--"

"What! Dad," Gab interrupted, "Are you leaving me alone with that step monster?"

"Hey, Gabriel watch your mouth that step monster happen to be my wife. Do you think your mom, wherever she is now, will like to see you act so irreverent? Your mum's death shouldn't be used as an excuse for your rudeness to Julie." Paul scolded, angrily "Do you think you are the only one affected by her death; have you ever thought for one second how it might have affected me too? And......" He paused to fight the tears from falling.

"Pa I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you." Gab stood feeling sad and sorry.

"Well, I'll be leaving you with Julie I'll be back by Thursday next week. And please don't kill her before I return. Take care of her while I'm gone, ok?" Paul ordered. He walks over to his wardrobe, opened it and brought out a small bag.

"Yes dad I will." Gabriel replied, not in any little way, happy with the idea but, who was he to argue? The king had spoken and his job was to act accordingly. Sighing silently, he stood up from where he sat, and left.

Gab open his room door, walked in and sat on his bed, thinking of what he might have done wrong to be left in such a bad mood as this.

He went through his normal evening routine, took a quick shower, dressed, prayed and lay on his bed. Surprisingly, he found himself thinking about Emy, he wondered why but he couldn't explain it. Maybe it was out of pity that she was just dumped but, he still couldn't place it. he pointed out thing, which on a normal day he wouldn't want to notice, like her bright eyes, her perfect figure, her cute nose, the way she speaks and her crazy style. They've been friends for decades, but he never for once tried to admire her like the way he did now.

Concluding his thought, maybe it was out of pity. He was still battling with his own woman issues, adding more than one to it would be death sentence. Now, he just had to think of how he would solve his girlfriend situation, manage his stepmother and not think of Emy.

But could he not think about Emy? The thought of her kept invading his head as he struggled to sleep. The thought were involuntary. And tired of blocking her out of his head, he finally let it in, smiling sheepishly to himself as he gradually fell into sleep state.

Could it be Emy was right when she implied to April that she hunted his fantasies?

______________________________________

||****||

Words (836)